Offer all Afghan females political asylum?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Should countries around the world band together and offer every single female in Afghanistan political asylum?

I'm not sure how else to get the message across to these knuckleheads other then to make if a nation of 'men' (if you can call them even that).

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It should be based on human rights, not politics. This isn't new- hard-line Muslim rule is intolerant, brutal and disgustingly inhumane- the methods used for killing people aren't always swift and they aren't afraid to burn people while they're alive. Beheading? Sure- glad to do it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Should countries around the world band together and offer every single female in Afghanistan political asylum?

I'm not sure how else to get the message across to these knuckleheads other then to make if a nation of 'men' (if you can call them even that).
That would be 20-ish million women. I understand that your question is rhetorical, but I certainly support evacuating those most vulnerable to Taliban vindictiveness - the newly educated, the uppity ones starting businesses, those ditching their burkas, etc.

I'm firmly convinced that - on the whole - while women evolved to be nurturing and caring, men evolved to be assholes.

highfigh

highfigh

The subjugation that they are about to impose on a certain half of their population isn't a human right issue?
Of course it is, but you called it 'political'.

US foreign relations have sucked for a long damn time. Sure, we send humanitarian aid all over, but this kind of crap should never happen.

WHERE ARE THE UN AND NATO?????????????????????????????????????

highfigh

highfigh

That would be 20-ish million women. I understand that your question is rhetorical, but I certainly support evacuating those most vulnerable to Taliban vindictiveness - the newly educated, the uppity ones starting businesses, those ditching their burkas, etc.

I'm firmly convinced that - on the whole - while women evolved to be nurturing and caring, men evolved to be assholes.
Maybe that's because the nurturing and caring job was filled and it was hard to improve on the performance. However, modern (in)humans have really been lowering the freaking bar.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sam Harris was once asked by a Muslim apologist "what's the big deal with asking women to wear a burqa?".

"You don't see the problem with forcing half the human population to live in a cloth bag, then beating or killing them for trying to get out?"

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Sam Harris was once asked by a Muslim apologist "what's the big deal with asking women to wear a burqa?".

"You don't see the problem with forcing half the human population to live in a cloth bag, then beating or killing them for trying to get out?"
Sam Harris also doesn't believe in free will, so that was gonna happen regardless...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sam Harris also doesn't believe in free will, so that was gonna happen regardless...
Depends on what you mean by free will. It gets pretty complicated, but ultimately I think the physical facts about reality are what dictates someone's actions.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Who is the Sam Harris you're talking about? And no, I don't want to Google and hope we're talking about the same "John Doe" :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Depends on what you mean by free will. It gets pretty complicated, but ultimately I think the physical facts about reality are what dictates someone's actions.
I was just being a tad facetious. While our thoughts and actions are very strongly influenced by physics, I have to believe that there is some element of free will involved. Otherwise, how could we hold anyone accountable for their actions?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was just being a tad facetious. While our thoughts and actions are very strongly influenced by physics, I have to believe that there is some element of free will involved. Otherwise, how could we hold anyone accountable for their actions?
I think Sam would largely agree with you, but like I said it gets pretty complicated.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There's enough randomness in the universe or two to support the concept free while still believing in a monotheistic religion in good faith, so to speak. I'm a more than a tad facetious here so bear with me: I don't think that being a person of faith is necessarily contractionary to be a scientist or rational being unless. Many of your great scientists where deeply religious but did bring the science forward at great personal cost.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
There's enough randomness in the universe or two to support the concept free while still believing in a monotheistic religion in good faith, so to speak. I'm a more than a tad facetious here so bear with me: I don't think that being a person of faith is necessarily contractionary to be a scientist or rational being unless. Many of your great scientists where deeply religious but did bring the science forward at great personal cost.
Actually, free will has deep meaning within many faiths.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Actually, free will has deep meaning within many faiths.
It sure does, but what free will actually is has been in a great dispute for a very long time and still is. But the "free will" in faith context too often condenses down to subjugation to religious authorities.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Do we really need to expose these poor women to Marjorie Taylor Greene?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
unfortunately with the Taliban in charge I'm not sure how they would even get out. It's my understanding the Taliban control all access in and out of the airport ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis