Odd sound if set as height speakers.

Blue2kid3

Blue2kid3

Audioholic Intern
I have a 4.1.4 set up, it isn't the best but I plan to upgrade once I am out of school but its not a bad little Klipsch system.

I enjoy listening to my music or pod casts with the heights while I study ect but I did forget to change the stereo assigned back to front LR while I watched a YT video and noticed that the sound well it sounded like I was in a tunnel. So I took out my MINIDSP mic (UMIK-1) and measured the response of my pioneer VSX-LX 304 (its a crap AVR dont buy it)

After tweaking with the settings I found that the only way to fix the sound I hear is if I change the height back speakers to a surround back setup (typical 7.1 sort of back channel) I have measurements with auto EQ and all DSP off.

Let me know what you think.

For fun I included the same measurements of the Klipsch bounce house speakers but set up like SVS suggests (high on side walls) {they also suffer from the tunnel like sound with a lot of echo effect }

Specs Pioneer VSX - LX 304
Speaker set up 4.1.4 CX 150 HZ
Height speaker Front Klipsch bounce house on side walls
Height speakers Rear Definitive technology Pro cinema 800 set as DTSX suggested rear height / sort of side wall height

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis