Oberon speakers with Yamaha 485 receiver

C

Cpete285

Audiophyte
Hi everyone!

looking at switching out my 5 speakers (currently running wharfedale diamond 11.2/11cs/11.0) as I find my current system to be too dark and bass heavy with muddled voices as 99% of usage is for home theatre (townhouse with shared walls).

Due to the dimensions of my room (12 feet wide by 15 ft long and 12 ft ceilings) and placement of couches (fireplace and partial loft opening to other floor) I was looking at speakers with a widedispersion and came across the Dali Oberon line. I was looking at a pair of Oberon 1’s for the fronts with the Oberon vokal center using the on wall speakers as surrounds (possible upgrade to floor standers in a future house). I believe these speakers appear capable of reasonably filling a medium sized room such as mine.

I currently have a Yamaha rxv485 receiver and it’s rated for 6-8 ohm speakers (which most of the oberons are with the exception of the vokal which is 4ohm. I am wondering if I was to proceed with the Oberon series if I would in into issues with the receiver. With the wharfedale speakers I typically have the volume between 40% and 60% but no higher

Thanks for any help in advance!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis