H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
I've heard great things about this two brands for gaming, or graphics in general....some say that ati is beating Nvidia, could be that possible?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've heard great things about this two brands for gaming, or graphics in general....some say that ati is beating Nvidia, could be that possible?
Being in the CAD field, I'd have to say that ATI sucks. I don't game on the PC anymore, so can't comment on that side. ATI has more resources now that they are owned by AMD, but I believe NVidia is about the same size of company. Both are headquartered here just a few miles apart.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Both are fine.

Such questions are impossible to really answer. Every situation favors a different solution. Either company makes excellent chipsets. Nvidia is considered the better of the two by many nerds. However the differences are pretty small in real world applications. As long as your video card has a gig of ram I think you'll have insane performance.

Nvidia bought 3dfx years ago and the theory is they incorporated the tech into their cards. What games are you playing?

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
Yeah, it is difficult to decide between those giants, considering that Nvidia has technologies like dual sli, or tesla...on the other hand, ati has been developing good gpu's lately.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, it is difficult to decide between those giants, considering that Nvidia has technologies like dual sli, or tesla...on the other hand, ati has been developing good gpu's lately.
I don't think ATI's problem has been their hardware side, it is their drivers/software. Nvidia has pretty good drivers and support, which is why that is what we recommend for our CAD applications.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Running Nvidia here (9600GT) with a AMD 5000+ dual core processor. Does a decent job for my needs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
In my laptop I have a 3700M 1G, Vista64 on a mobile quad core :)

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Nvidia are currently top dog.

They offer the best price/performance, as well as the fastest single gpu. ATI has been lagging behind for quite some time.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Nvidia are currently top dog.

They offer the best price/performance, as well as the fastest single gpu. ATI has been lagging behind for quite some time.
Thats quite humorous. Seeing as the 5 series from AMD just launched a few weeks ago and destroys Nvidia's current Single GPU cards and even matchs or beats all dual GPU cards from both Nvidia and AMD.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3643

Not to mention the 4870 and 4870x2 that are equal to or better than their Nvidia counterparts.

I have owned both Nvidia and ATI products over the years, including dual card solutions from both companies.

I would say that if price is no option then I would have to go with Nvidia as they have ALWAYS had superior software/drivers.

But if I am looking for the most bang for my buck then I would certainly go with ATI/AMD.

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
I still think nvidia holds the upper hand due to its performance and low cost.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
ati cards cost less than nvidia cards, at least from what I've seen. I'm waiting to see what nvidia brings out with their new lineup, but they had better bring out their big guns if they wanna compete with ati's new offerings.

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
Yeah! Those brands rock, both of them are good for me...I've only faced with expensive ati cards, from $200 to 300 price range.

R

redass

Junior Audioholic
from experience, I can't stand the drivers and software bundles that ATI loves to use, and I've had an easy time using the nvidia drivers. that said, I wouldn't hesitate to own either one if the value was superior. they both have good cards.

N

NakaMitch

Audioholic Intern
thank God that there are two companies that keep the consumers happy.
competition= good for us consumers.:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis