NVIDIA Shield Pro TV - you can not connect USB - do not recognize

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RRRR

Audioholic Intern
I bought this device

I try to connect a USB to watch movies through the streamer and the device detects USB
Tells me file weight inside USB
But you can't go in and see what movies are in it

I tried all connections and not ready to open USB - exFAT, NTFS

Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic
I bought this device

I try to connect a USB to watch movies through the streamer and the device detects USB
Tells me file weight inside USB

I tried all connections and not ready to open USB - exFAT, NTFS
I will try to share some insight, but just to mention I currently don't own the product. However, there is a couple of things you can do.
1. Make sure the file and file type you are trying to open is supported by the device, try another USB if possible, and make sure the device is updated in its firmware and software, for it to work accordingly. Sometimes it can simply just be a glitch.

2. There maybe someone else may have the product and could guide you accordingly.

3. Contact support if necessary.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Also make sure that the drive is formatted correctly for the shield ie exfat

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you attempting to use a file explorer to browse the content of the USB drive?

R

RRRR

Audioholic Intern
I raised the problem, need to add a media folder to the device and from there it reads the files.

there are 5 types of players to choose from, all very simple, not high quality.
Poor level , No details, no texture

a computer with a Nvidia 1060 video card does a better job of this device

HDR Looks miserable

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I raised the problem, need to add a media folder to the device and from there it reads the files.

there are 5 types of players to choose from, all very simple, not high quality.
Poor level , No details, no texture

a computer with a Nvidia 1060 video card does a better job of this device

HDR Looks miserable
Sounds like user error to me. 5 types of player? What does that mean? I use my Shield for HDR without issue. It looks exactly the same as an HTPC hooked to the TV. Using the same player as the HTPC as well.

R

RRRR

Audioholic Intern
Sounds like user error to me. 5 types of player? What does that mean? I use my Shield for HDR without issue. It looks exactly the same as an HTPC hooked to the TV. Using the same player as the HTPC as well.
In the Video and Pictures folder on the device, movies can be played by selecting the players on the device
" NVIDIA Shield Pro TV "

kodi
plex
gse iptv

all these players are very simple, not high quality, do not enhance the picture or bring quality to the image and also sound PCM only.
the only player that gives the sound formats in this movie is the player of the device

I use my Shield for HDR without issue
I'm tuning the device to play 10BIT + 4K + rec2020 or 709
HDR not work
rec 2020 - Works beautifully when you have a quality film,
rec 2020 there is no such option for Windows !
( Only whan you open a HDR driver in Windows and it doesn't work well maybe because Windows players don't support REC 2020 until 709 or HDR )

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
kodi
plex
gse iptv
These are third party applications installed onto your shield, not built in players. I don't know anything about gse, but I use Plex and Kodi. Neither are simple. Both allow HDMI passthrough for audio and offer many video customisations.

R

RRRR

Audioholic Intern
These are third party applications installed onto your shield, not built in players. I don't know anything about gse, but I use Plex and Kodi. Neither are simple. Both allow HDMI passthrough for audio and offer many video customisations.
many video customisations.
these are the players I found in the Android Store and all
Simple, with no improvement or quality
At the lowest level

HD sound quality on NVIDIA Shield Pro TV
Flat and NOT dynamic, very poor!

Windows computer is much better
Blue Ray Panasonic, OPPO, Pioneer 800 is better than a computer

If you think otherwise, explain to me but hear better or see better?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
In the Video and Pictures folder on the device, movies can be played by selecting the players on the device
" NVIDIA Shield Pro TV "

kodi
plex
gse iptv

all these players are very simple, not high quality, do not enhance the picture or bring quality to the image and also sound PCM only.
the only player that gives the sound formats in this movie is the player of the device

I'm tuning the device to play 10BIT + 4K + rec2020 or 709
HDR not work
rec 2020 - Works beautifully when you have a quality film,
rec 2020 there is no such option for Windows !
( Only whan you open a HDR driver in Windows and it doesn't work well maybe because Windows players don't support REC 2020 until 709 or HDR )
You don't have things set up right. Don't blame a device when its the settings that are making it not work properly. I don't have a single issue that you do on any of my 3 shield TV devices.

All my audio is passed through. Atmos, DTS-X, DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD all work without issue.

I don't want my player to "enhance" the picture. I just want it to output what it's supposed to. Shield does this without issue.

Any of us are glad to help if you want, but don't just blame the device. Post some screenshots of your shield settings and we'll get you on the right track.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
these are the players I found in the Android Store and all
Simple, with no improvement or quality
At the lowest level

HD sound quality on NVIDIA Shield Pro TV
Flat and NOT dynamic, very poor!

Windows computer is much better
Blue Ray Panasonic, OPPO, Pioneer 800 is better than a computer

If you think otherwise, explain to me but hear better or see better?
I say if this device is a pain in the ass for you and just isn't living up to your expectations. You might as well return while you still can (if the return window is still open). Sometimes there are devices some people love, yet others feel they just don't live up to their expectations, no biggie one way or the other. Sometimes some devices just don't jive with the individual user. Example- some prefer a Roku over a firestick or vice versa.
But if it is causing you so much turmoil, why keep going through all the unnecessary stress. Return it .

R

RRRR

Audioholic Intern
You don't have things set up right. Don't blame a device when its the settings that are making it not work properly. I don't have a single issue that you do on any of my 3 shield TV devices.

All my audio is passed through. Atmos, DTS-X, DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD all work without issue.

I don't want my player to "enhance" the picture. I just want it to output what it's supposed to. Shield does this without issue.

Any of us are glad to help if you want, but don't just blame the device. Post some screenshots of your shield settings and we'll get you on the right track.
Let's explain how I do not install the product correctly ?
how do I not run the product correctly ?

Do you blame the customer for the product ? with no understanding of what you write ?
Do you have proof that is connected to reality how I NOT work correctly with the product ?

Could you have no knowledge ? Or experience with technology to understand that the product is not quality ?

R

RRRR

Audioholic Intern
You might as well return while you still can
1. The product is very simple, works, but not quality!
Nothing compares to Blue Ray Panasonic or OPPO or Pioneer

The problem of not seeing movies through USB in a new Blu Ray is buying

2. for example, the product has the option of REC 2020 color
Which increases the color, however, because your hardware in NVIDIA cannot be tuned to high quality 12BIT
In many movies and YouTube, the person is seen with a red face.

2.1 the product needs a serious hardware improvement to get real 12BIT
and convert to high quality 12BIT and no toy

panteragstk

If you had an understanding or what I wrote, I can also hear Atmos, DTS-X, DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD
But the sound quality goes flat, with no details of poor quality !!!

3.1 Any computer with a new NVIDIA or AMD video card does a better job from NVIDIA Shield Pro TV

4. Every PC with a Navidia 1060 + video card does a better job than NVIDIA Shield Pro TV

5. Navidia promised 25% of legacy power
and that's a lie too ?

6. For people who have no experience with quality Blu-ray or OPPO or a computer, such a product can also be considered good

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
1. The product is very simple, works, but not quality!
Nothing compares to Blue Ray Panasonic or OPPO or Pioneer

The problem of not seeing movies through USB in a new Blu Ray is buying

2. for example, the product has the option of REC 2020 color
Which increases the color, however, because your hardware in NVIDIA cannot be tuned to high quality 12BIT
In many movies and YouTube, the person is seen with a red face.

2.1 the product needs a serious hardware improvement to get real 12BIT
and convert to high quality 12BIT and no toy

panteragstk

If you had an understanding or what I wrote, I can also hear Atmos, DTS-X, DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD
But the sound quality goes flat, with no details of poor quality !!!

3.1 Any computer with a new NVIDIA or AMD video card does a better job from NVIDIA Shield Pro TV

4. Every PC with a Navidia 1060 + video card does a better job than NVIDIA Shield Pro TV

5. Navidia promised 25% of legacy power
and that's a lie too ?

6. For people who have no experience with quality Blu-ray or OPPO or a computer, such a product can also be considered good
So are you going to return it?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I can't give back,
Didn't understand what's relevant to you?
You want to give me back the money?
It's not relevant to anyone. The thread isn't getting help because you refuse to do anything but bash the product. Maybe if you listed your gear someone might be able to help, until then none of this is beneficial to the forum. Good luck with your problem, hopefully it won't continue to hurt you.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I can't give back,
Didn't understand what's relevant to you?
You want to give me back the money?
And the amazing similarities to this thread won't be ignored ;)

R

RRRR

Audioholic Intern
It's not relevant to anyone. The thread isn't getting help because you refuse to do anything but bash the product. Maybe if you listed your gear someone might be able to help, until then no of this is beneficial to the forum. Good luck with your problem, hopefully it won't continue to hurt you.
Everything I see here
You go into every thread and answer a lot of crap without any idea!
You don't even have a device

You just don't help
You put a bad name on the site

R

RRRR

Audioholic Intern
And the amazing similarities to this thread won't be ignored ;)
your whole answer is dumber than the previous one
I have no idea what this linking connection is to me ?

It just proves you don't have a device
and you keep writing nonsense and bullshit for people !!!!!!!!

you don't think it's time to look for a real job
Instead of writing nonsense to people about products you don't have!
And you have no idea how to run them. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis