Nvidia Shield Pro remote

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've been using the shield since the first version. Never had an issue with any of them. Probably going to get a newer one since it supports atmos and dolby vision. My oldest one is 6 years old and still works like the day I got it. One of the most reliable devices I've had.

That said, I've never used the remote for long on its own, but it depends which model you have as to how it connects. First gen was wifi direct, second is bluetooth IIRC.

Fire TV models are pretty good too. I had a 4k fire stick and it worked fine, a bit slow, but for the price I'm not surprised.

Any of the "higher end" streaming boxes should work great for anyone. Roku, Apple, nvidia, Fire TV will all have higher end models that will work for years. It's the cheap models that have issues after a year or so.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've been using the shield since the first version. Never had an issue with any of them. Probably going to get a newer one since it supports atmos and dolby vision. My oldest one is 6 years old and still works like the day I got it. One of the most reliable devices I've had.

That said, I've never used the remote for long on its own, but it depends which model you have as to how it connects. First gen was wifi direct, second is bluetooth IIRC.

Fire TV models are pretty good too. I had a 4k fire stick and it worked fine, a bit slow, but for the price I'm not surprised.

Any of the "higher end" streaming boxes should work great for anyone. Roku, Apple, nvidia, Fire TV will all have higher end models that will work for years. It's the cheap models that have issues after a year or so.
I thought you'd had good experiences with them. What was your alternative to its remote?

FWIW for the price of my pre-4k Fire Sticks, they've been pretty decent overall....but if I paid $200 for one I wouldn't like them as much :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I thought you'd had good experiences with them. What was your alternative to its remote?

FWIW for the price of my pre-4k Fire Sticks, they've been pretty decent overall....but if I paid $200 for one I wouldn't like them as much :)
I always use harmony remotes. The shield remote works just fine for me when I have to use it for something. I've never had any interference issues with either generation I own. I also have almost no use for bluetooth outside the controls I have needing it and the one set of headphones I use for calls. I guess if you have a ton of interference it could be an issue, but that type of environment will cause all sorts of other issues too.

Well, the shield controller (game controller) isn't all that great, but that's not the issue here.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I bet it's good for the price. My only issue with the Amazon devices is their interface, and lack of lossless audio bitstreaming.
Sorry, I don't know what that means. All I need is Dolby Atmos for Netfix and Amazon. Will it do that?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
What about this guy's review? Is he out to lunch or on to something? Click the link to read his review:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, that guy was complaining about two channel audio from live TV into an older AVR using Pro Logic II. I don't think you will have issues streaming atmos from Netflix on it. Dolby Atmos over streaming services is lossy Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 based so nothing lost or gained by the device for that purpose.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis