Nvidia Shield Pro remote

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
When I first turn on my system after work, the remote is dead. Until I take the battery cover off and remove and replace one, the same battery. Or maybe I will just rotate one or both of them to get the contacts fresh. Then it works fine. These are new alkaline AAA's. Tried another set of new ones, tried scraping the contacts with a sharp knife and also all 4 battery ends. Anyone else experience this with this remote? Perhaps switch to lithium AAA's?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Got some lithium batteries, but it did not help. Then tried to pair the remote again, even though it was paired. Now, nothing! Fortunately, I bought it on Amazon, so I ordered a replacement unit.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Apple annoys me with some of their nonsense, but I never have to put a battery into a keyboard, mouse or remote control. I'll complain later when they don't charge up anymore.;)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
1.5. Just checked.... but something would be quite fishy if they were anything else, being the same AAA format.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Really. I am no expert. But I always thought 1.5 v. with AAA, AA and C were standard.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Really. I am no expert. But I always thought 1.5 v. with AAA, AA and C were standard.
Well, that particular designation also relates to a size, but I think you're right if it's actually labeled with the letters it would be 1.2-1.5 V. I have a flashlight that accepts both an AA or a 14500 (pretty much the same dimensions as the AA)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
It works now in my bedroom system, so there must be a Bluetooth interference in the living room. Brought it back into the living room and it is working for now. Canceling the replacement until I determine what the heck.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Now that I think of it, I am not sure if the remote connects via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Works again today. Placement must have been the issue. It was on top of my CD player when it was working less than intermittently. I ordered a longer hdmi cable to place it off the rack entirely.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Stopped working again. Different spots, different rooms. The only reason I bought it was Netflix only comes in as PCM 2.0 from that TV. Air antenna and Amazon both come in as DD. So, back it goes!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Stopped working again. Different spots, different rooms. The only reason I bought it was Netflix only comes in as PCM 2.0 from that TV. Air antenna and Amazon both come in as DD. So, back it goes!
Possible its just a defective unit? I was thinking about trying one of these Nvidia units as a possible alternative to Fire Sticks I have...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis