xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
has anyone heard of or used this brand? its called nu force by Optoma, i was thinking of using there dac80 along with there sta120 amp.Also can i run the dac right to the amp or do i need a pre-amp in the mix?

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I've read a lot of reviews before and after the Optoma buyout of NuForce and they have all been pretty positive. My personal experience is restricted a couple pairs of IEMs and a uDac-3 (pre Optoma) and really liked them. I also have a pair of wireless IEMs (post Optoma) and they are fine.

I believe they are now now broken up into two companies: Optoma NuForce for mid grade stuff and NuPrime for higher end. I had my eye on the NuPrime IDA-8 integrated when I was in the market, but because of a so-so past experience with another audio company, I am still not quite sold on class D amplification... That being said, the NuForce stuff, for the price, is excellent.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
LOL - I haven't read a post about nwavguy in a long time! My uDAC-3 sounds fine, but then again, i'm not really in the habit of measuring equipment. I preferred my HRT MicroStreamer but have not used it in a long time since my home listening (DAC-wise) is through my Yamaha A-S801 and I use a Pioneer DAP for work. I have no idea if Optoma NuForce or NuPrime continue to measure "by ear"...

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
well if that link is any indication of how that company works ill steer clear lol how can you not measure your own equipment? crazy.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis