Now I have seen everything.

Senior Audioholic
I was in a store today, funny part is is was one if them "clearence" stores where they sell things that nobody would buy in a normal store. But anyway at the checkout there was a bunch of Monster brand D cells. I thought "No way" and picked up on to read the package and sure enough. Monster claims that their special alkaline battery formula will make your portable device sound better than standard alkaline batteries.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I might believe 'lasts longer' but sounds better? It just goes to show that once a company builds some degree of brand recognition, people will believe anything.

W

whitestone

Audioholic Intern
I'm not one to bad mouth a company, but is anbody checking the advertising?:confused:

pikers

pikers

Audioholic
I was in a store today, funny part is is was one if them "clearence" stores where they sell things that nobody would buy in a normal store. But anyway at the checkout there was a bunch of Monster brand D cells. I thought "No way" and picked up on to read the package and sure enough. Monster claims that their special alkaline battery formula will make your portable device sound better than standard alkaline batteries.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No it doesn't, troll.:rolleyes:

All they claim is long life. Frankly, their rechargeable batteries are the $hit. I'm still using two AA kits (with charger) on rotation for my remote and game controllers--four years old and still 3/4 full charge every time.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I can just picture the advertisement once Monster starts selling its own brand of male enhancement drugs...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... Monster claims that their special alkaline battery formula will make your portable device sound better than standard alkaline batteries.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If Monster in fact claims that in print, that would be actionable by the FTC.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hahahaha....

Hey, c'mon!!

We all know the value of a good, clean power supply!!

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time."
-Brian Fantana, Anchorman :D

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Better sounding batteries...shades of the Tice power conditioner, which looked exactly like a $12 Radio Shack digital alarm clock, came in a box labelled Radio Shack and made noise if you set the alarm. Tice, however, claimed some amazing treatment and sold them for $500 with a money-back guarantee. How could they lose? Once you got schnookered into paying $500 for an alarm clock, could your ego take the strain of denying that your system sounded better? You can sell almost anything to an audiophile.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis