Not Smart Enough for Smart TV

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I just bought a Sony XBR65X850E and a Sony 43 inch Sony 720 for their Smart TV function and of course size/features to accommodate my other perceived needs. For the most part, I updated with these sets to be able to drop my Spectrum Cable Service, retaining only their Internet Service, which will reduce my monthly bill with them to the tune of about $90. Now, here's my problem, there are just too many apps out there to try them all out and then likely cancel after the free trial period, when I make discovery of the app which will do what I want. What I want is real time news and access to all of the Hallmark Channels, that's it. Any idea about what app will give me that wish? So far, I have discovered that I can get Hallmark Channel from Amazon but my wife tells me it does not deliver current or upcoming presentations. BTW, there may be an obvious app for me but I am totally new to this technology and somewhat frustrated with it as it is requiring me to learn in an arena I have little interest, meaning this is mostly about my wife's desires, as I only use TV for movies. Thanks all.

F

Foxrox

Junior Audioholic
I doubt Hallmark has their own on-demand streaming service, so you’re best bet is probably one of the cable replacement options like PlayStation Vue or Sling TV. These cost more than services like Netflix or HBO, but you can basically watch any live TV you want, just like cable. You also pay for a lot of stuff you don’t want, just like cable.

I just checked on PlayStation Vue. You can get Hallmark channels, but you have to go to their highest tier service to get all three. $55/mo.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/?dl=access&smcid=see-details:plans:pdc:network:vue:home&emcid=pa-vu-111688

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I doubt Hallmark has their own on-demand streaming service, so you’re best bet is probably one of the cable replacement options like PlayStation Vue or Sling TV. These cost more than services like Netflix or HBO, but you can basically watch any live TV you want, just like cable. You also pay for a lot of stuff you don’t want, just like cable.

I just checked on PlayStation Vue. You can get Hallmark channels, but you have to go to their highest tier service to get all three. $55/mo.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/?dl=access&smcid=see-details:plans:pdc:network:vue:home&emcid=pa-vu-111688
Thank you so much for your advice. I'm going to check out both of your suggestions later today. $55 + $30, which is what Internet only costs through Spectrum would represent a $65 savings.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis