NOOB, BLESSED WITH B&Ws, NEEDS AN AMP

M

Mikhail7

Enthusiast
Thanks, yea, thats a good point, I was feeding it decent quality mp3s, and still it sounded fantastic.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey guys, thanks a lot for all your help and responses. I wound up getting this one: Amazon.com: Yamaha R-S500BL Natural Sound Stereo Receiver (Black): Electronics

Just hooked it up played some bassy music (Thunder by The Prodigy), and being a noob, afterwards I felt like I did the dirty. Such unbelievable and exhilarating sound! The bass definition/resolution is unbelievable. The high frequencies are bright and crisp. Never heard such a wide and crisp range from speakers in my life.

I'm thoroughly impressed! and also depressed at the fact that I'm barely scratching the surface of the speakers' potential. But thats a matter of time...

Thanks again, very much appreciated.
Congrats on your purchase. Yamaha has very solid amp section and unless you want to be deaf I think you just need to laid back, relax and enjoy the music as Peng said :)
I'm glad I was able (in part) to steer you into right direction regarding receiver vs amp :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks, yea, thats a good point, I was feeding it decent quality mp3s, and still it sounded fantastic.
That's a good sign, though some quality mp3s do sound quite good, and can sound better than poorly mastered/recorded CDs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis