Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’m using this old 4ktv
Right now it’s in box in basement
sony xbr-55x810c
Had a lot of blooming and picture quality issues with this model.

Why does at & t u verse look so bad I tried it once .. it also looks bad on my panny plasma
Yet my old Sony 1080p set cable looks better on?
Is there some way to make u verse look better on this old xbr??
I even tried 4K Blu-rays they didn’t look too good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Get the Sony calibrated
I’d have to self calibrate it , I cannot afford to pay for that .
Every picture adjustsment I tried was no avail as far as I think it’s just bad at up conversation....

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
I think there is probably just an issue with the tv in question. Probably not worth calibrating. I only say that because Sony XBR television's are usually pretty darn good to begin with. If this thing looks as bad as you make it sound, i would say there is some more underlying issue or issues with the tv going on.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I think there is probably just an issue with the tv in question. Probably not worth calibrating. I only say that because Sony XBR television's are usually pretty darn good to begin with. If this thing looks as bad as you make it sound, i would say there is some more underlying issue or issues with the tv going on.
First bad purchase I guess , besides video games I never played .
Just like burning $1100 in a Bond fire pretty much wish I never got that tv .
Oddly it looked really good as a pc monitor but I do not have a pc my laptop broke and died ... possibly could use it for pc
Games looked good but movies and tv sucked

Well I’m stuck with a dud tv then ?
Glad hhgreg is gone con artists, should’ve never trusted them .
About only thing looked good on it was Roku Netflix and a few Blu-rays ...
O well might as well use my old 1080p tv until 8k is standard

I’ve not used my bedroom TV set up in a few months a plasma I brought up there is staying there I got an arm bicep injury and afraid of surgery so it’s stuck there.
When it dies I’ll probably go oled

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
RTings says this TV has excellent picture quality.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x810c
Yeah knew something was off about it when it got good ratings but sucked , maybe a backlight problem or something?? I noticed it struggled on any dark films ..
I need a new tv stand to use it downstairs.. not sure when I’ll try using it again but I will at some point .

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Definitely won’t be buying a Sony tv again most likely after this disappointing model .

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sony TV's are Amongst the best, even their low end units rate good. My oldest Son still has his first Sony 40" it's close to 15 year's old.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Sony TV's are Amongst the best, even their low end units rate good. My oldest Son still has his first Sony 40" it's close to 15 year's old.
Weird Maybe I got a bad unit or something???I was stuck With it didn’t notice soon enough

My 8 year old Sony lcd has better picture then this xbr model ..
Not sure if I asked my dad to use a hardwire for internet if the Roku would look better .
Cable looks awful on this tv tho , Which is weird because Sony is supposed to up convert well with x1 processors.

Last edited:
P

ParisB

Audioholic
That's an old 2015 model. Doesn't hold up with today's standards.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
My Vizio V55" is Mediocre at best but for 338 bucks wasn't expecting much anyways. It's much better with movies when a 4K player is used. Like anything else you want better gonna cost you more.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately, picture quality these days has as much to do with the HDMI spec and capabilities of every device in the chain as it does with a quality TV. The weakest link is often times an aging cable box more than an aging quality TV. There are still low power channels broadcasting in 480i to this very day. My in-laws wasted good money on a TV because they insist on watching the standard definition channels and stretching them rather than tune to the HD. Sometimes, settings in the device and AVR can improve picture quality without touching the TV. There will be issues between some HDMI 1.4 and some HDMI 2.0 devices. While not quite finalized in implementation, HDMI 2.1 isn’t looking too hot either. F#%kin’ HDCP! Sorry, it’s a tick.;) I hope you can fine tune it all. Don’t give up!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It should at least look better then my low tier Sony from 2010 but I’d say it doesn’t ...
Newer TVs usually have hdr but I’d imagine most suffer with cable , or low def content just like mine does .
Netflix looked pretty good for the most part .. movies had light bleeding issues

I may just stick to 1080p TVs until cable is 4K
Wish I had an extra room to hook this tv up for Netflix instead of it sitting in basement in a box ....

Worst purchase of a tv , I should had stuck with the Samsung 50” instead despite only being 60hz
Maybe I’ll give it to my dad to temporarily use if his ever Samsung dies , his screen is getting lines in it ..

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Tested it out in basement, sports looks good but other TVs channels look kind of blurry ish

Not sue if it’s worth switching from my lcd TV to this one for tv programs ..
Maybe wait til lcd starts going bad ?? They last a long time tho so not sure ..
maybe at & t u verse just isn’t very high definition??

For some reason it looks better in a picture on my iPhone then in person.

55” tv 4K led quality vs 40” clearer 1080p lcd

Should be the opposite
Not sure if I’d just get used to the picture quality Even I’f it’s not as good pictures larger ???
I mean the screen is twice as large on the 55

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Have you switched the resolution in the Uverse to see if outputting 720p looks any better than 1080i? May not show a difference.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Have you switched the resolution in the Uverse to see if outputting 720p looks any better than 1080i? May not show a difference.
Didn’t help , why is cable so low definition will it ever be higher resolution??
So anything higher resolution then 1080 looks horrible??
Cable / u verse Gotta look bad on all 4K TVs then ...doubt this is only bad model

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis