Noisy neighbours. Would like to return the consideration.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Been trying the police and building management for over a year now. They're useless.
Your local government has ordinances- make them enforce whatever applies. If they refuse, make it well known and/or go farther up the food chain.

Re-read your lease.

highfigh

highfigh

Every once in a while is fine. Almost every night for over a year is something else.
Been there- told the property owner who had moved closer to Illinois and he said I should tell her that I'm his agent in matters pertaining to the house and I stopped him right there- A) if it's not in writing, it doesn't matter, B) if it hasn't been communicated to the other tenant, it doesn't matter and C) if I'm not getting something for the considerable time that would have been required, it wasn't gonna happen.

Who is the building manager? Get in their grill and do it like a PO'd Pitbull. You have legal rights- find a lawyer who'll do a free/low-cost consultation and find out how this can be stopped.

Make it publicly-known and be noisy about it. If you post something online, make sure it's true- if it damages someone but is true, they would have a hard time getting it stopped through the courts. Look for renter forums that have FAQs that deal with this crap- you pay rent, you're supposed to be able to live in peace & quiet.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I keep waiting to see, "Okay, the cops took my cuffs off long enough to jump on the forums and I'm hoping you guys can help me post bail..."

:p :p

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I keep waiting to see, "Okay, the cops took my cuffs off long enough to jump on the forums and I'm hoping you guys can help me post bail..."

:p :p
He lives in an apartment, obviously he does not have enough money to buy that subwoofer

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
To me, this equates to an argument but through loud audio. IMO, arguments (whether in-person or online), go no where.

highfigh

highfigh

I haven't seen anything about where you live but any place with halfway decent civil laws has some way to fix this- it's called 'disturbing the peace'. I can't imagine any place that would allow it.

G

gisot

Audiophyte
To answer the op’s question directly, a subwoofer playing 80db infrasonic (under 20hz) may pressurize your neighbors apartment more than your own depending on building construction. An HSU VTF3 MK5 is the answer you’re seeking using a 16hz sine wave. Just turn it on and go out of town for the weekend, when you return they will have moved. There will be no sound per se, their eardrums will just feel like they’re in an airplane rapidly changing altitude and everything in their apartment will have a subtle vibration.
Thank you for your suggestion, which I find most practical and useful.
I am not an expert in this field however I would like to share my views on thsi matter.

Leaving a stable infrasound source playing inside an apartment for the whole day might be risky and/or even counterproductive, because it can easily be detected/recorded, perhaps even with just a simple android app. such as “Spectroid”, or “Infrasound Detector”, then the simple waterfall diagrams from these applications might be even considered by some officers as an evidence, turning around this way the responsibilities …

So if one wants to use infrasound I think it should be in the form of a random sequence, ideally as least repetitive as possible.

Based on the (Frequency by Output) chart at the middle of this article

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-subwoofer-for-home/

the subwoofer you indicated appears to have the best curve.

I was wondering about two things:

whether it would be possible to attach to the sub an external sound guide, a case, so that the its curve becomes flatter.

whether the following alternatives could achieve the same result, at a lower cost.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B004WZ6VRU/?coliid=I2IO59RSGX4KTZ&colid=29164WOALX00G&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

specifications say:

Crunch GP 800 - 20cm Aktivwoofer
Ganz neu in der GROUNPOUNDER Familie, ist das aktive Subwoofer-System GP800 mit echtem Verstärker-Kühlkörper und integriertem 20 cm Woofer. Das System ist dank den schlanken Abmessungen überall installierbar und ist mit einer Bass-Remote ausgestattet.
100 Watt RMS, 200 Watt max.
20cm Active-Subwoofer
LP 40-150 Hz, Subsonic 15-40 Hz
Phase Shift 0°/180°, Bass-EQ 0-12dB
Cinch Line Inputs, High Level Inputs
Bass Remote, 252x73x354mm

I don’t really understand where it says Subsonic 15-40 Hz what they mean for subsonic, I never saw that before; however it looks like this Crunch GP 800 could serve the goal and in the following Norauto link it should also be cheaper than Amazon (Norauto is a French car service franchising network)

https://www.norauto.it/p/subwoofer-attivo-crunch-gp800-35881.html

or maybe also these shakers could serve the goal

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-bass-shakers

or maybe this last different approach could be effective as well:

https://engineering.ucdenver.edu/current-students/capstone-expo/archived-expos/spring-2020/electrical-engineering/elec1-rotary-woofer/images/librariesprovider29/capstone-sp2020/elec1-prez/elec1-poster_page_12?itemIndex=11

I have a similar issue, with the difference that it is on the floor above mine and I am targeted with infrasound and/or ultrasound.

Police, (here but I guess this applies almost everywhere) does not do anything unless one can provide … “objective proof”, ie tangible evidence of the harassment.

Hiring lawyers is something surely very expensive and besides I do not think in the end it will ever make much good to anyone, except for the lawyers themselves ….

Responding appears to be the a short term practical and possibly effective path to follow and perhaps the last option I indicated above would be the best one. The issue there is that I would not know neither where to buy that rotary device , nor how/where to get the DIY project and then to 3Dprint the components and most difficult for me would be the arduino software section.

I hope this helps.

I would be grateful of any constructive comment or addition ..

Thank you.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow, okay. So, I'll start by saying I think that a lot of the replies in this thread are more tongue in cheek than serious, tho I did see some good suggestions, lol. I'm not sure what you're getting at when you said this:
Leaving a stable infrasound source playing inside an apartment for the whole day might be risky and/or even counterproductive, because it can easily be detected/recorded, perhaps even with just a simple android app. such as “Spectroid”, or “Infrasound Detector”, then
Which sounds like advice not do it for risk of getting caught, but then you said this:
I have a similar issue, with the difference that it is on the floor above mine and I am targeted with infrasound and/or ultrasound.

Police, (here but I guess this applies almost everywhere) does not do anything unless one can provide … “objective proof”, ie tangible evidence of the harassment.
You're being targeted and gave an example of how it's nearly impossible to get caught. I'm confused. Are you saying one can be caught or that it's nearly impossible to get caught? Plus, you're being targeted?? Is someone upstairs randomly blasting subsonic frequencies at random times just to annoy you?

Oh, great suggestion to make it more random than constant tho, lol. I s'pose one could eventually find the source with enough effort, but bass is omnidirectional and harder to pinpoint.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I don’t think you’d need anything more than your ears and walking back and forth in the hallway to figure out where it was coming from. That said I doubt the police can enter someone’s dwelling over a disturbance, that is unless someone were to suggest the occupants may be in need of medical attention.

It was all young in cheek and any real retaliation will most likely end with you looking for a new apartment.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis