Node 2i update and anthem STR preamp issue

F

Foxchapeliron

Audioholic Intern
Hello there, my Node2i recently did an update. Ever since my MQA Tidal music is no longer showing higher PCM values like 88 and 96 using the Blu OS app connected to Ethernet. Everything now shows 44.1. Cd rate. Blu OS does not answer my open case question as to why this happened. If I use tidal’s app I can use “Tidal Connect” and connect to the Node to see higher values but I prefer to use Cat 5 Ethernet for music using the Blu OS app. Do I lose quality using Tidal connect via their app as I am guessing I am now streaming wireless as both the app and the node are on the same wireless. And Bluetooth is not connected with the node so at least I am guessing it’s now steaming wireless. Is using tidal witeless as good as Ethernet through the Blu OS app? I hope I explained this correctly.

F

Foxchapeliron

Audioholic Intern
Oh, I am using an Anthem STR preamp and Amp. I have Blu OS set to no external MAQ since the STR doesn’t unfold them. I’ve always ran that way

F

Foxchapeliron

Audioholic Intern
Apologies for my spelling I just noticed I hosed all up

F

Foxchapeliron

Audioholic Intern
Thank you. I tried finding this answer but could not find that simple fact. I just unhooked my cat5 cable and you are exactly right. I should have thought to do that. I will now use Tidal after 4 years of using the Blu Os app. Anyway I would still like to know what the heck BLU OS did with that last node update to not stream the higher PCM values. Seams like a backwards step if my preamp is confirming correctly it’s gone.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Some services discontinue support for some devices over time. It may be a feature that is discontinued or the app is disabled altogether. Spotify did such a thing a few years ago and some devices with Spotify apps had them disabled and had to move on to Spotify Connect.

Tidal is also in the middle of removing MQA tracks and replacing them with Hi-Res FLAC. I’d bet MQA is disappearing on all third party apps first before being removed completely. How many third party apps will then support Tidal Hi-Res FLAC is anybody’s guess.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis