No zone2 sound from smart tv apps

W

Weeboy1

Audiophyte
Hello all, new to this forum and having a bit of an issue.
i have a pioneer elite vsx23 and Samsung smart tv.
im running the surround back speakers as An outdoor zone 2.
i can run all zone 2 inputs outside like tuner, CD ,DVD,set top box etc.
the problem I’m having is I can’t get The audio from an app on the smart tv to play In zone 2.
tv has an HDMI to the set top box and then to receiver, as well as an optiCal out from tv to opt1 on receiver (assigned to the tv)
Apps play fine through main system just not through the zone 2.
any thoughts appreciated.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hello all, new to this forum and having a bit of an issue.
i have a pioneer elite vsx23 and Samsung smart tv.
im running the surround back speakers as An outdoor zone 2.
i can run all zone 2 inputs outside like tuner, CD ,DVD,set top box etc.
the problem I’m having is I can’t get The audio from an app on the smart tv to play In zone 2.
tv has an HDMI to the set top box and then to receiver, as well as an optiCal out from tv to opt1 on receiver (assigned to the tv)
Apps play fine through main system just not through the zone 2.
any thoughts appreciated.
You need analog out from tv, you can't do zone two with digital and your reciever.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Be aware, converters downgrade your audio from surround sound to 2-channel stereo to allow for additional zones of audio to work properly. There is no way around this on the cheap. You will lose surround sound from any device that requires conversion and you must manually go into your device to tell it to put out 2 channel stereo audio.

HDMI sucks in regards to additional zones of audio. Receivers rarely handle multiple zones properly or the way that one might expect them to.

Good luck.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis