no tuner sound from denon avr-x3000

M

MJ5ELRB

Audioholic Intern
i have a denon avr-x3000. the tuner function for am/fm doesn't produce any sound. it lists the station as playing but no sound. external antenna's are connected too.

network function for media center plays ok, internet radio plays ok, other functions play sound ok.

any ideas what might be causing this?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You try a soft or hard reset yet? Did this work up until recently?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
i have a denon avr-x3000. the tuner function for am/fm doesn't produce any sound. it lists the station as playing but no sound. external antenna's are connected too.

network function for media center plays ok, internet radio plays ok, other functions play sound ok.

any ideas what might be causing this?
Record your current settings. The only thing you can try is a hard reset. If three attempts don't get the radio tuner to work, then I don't see another remedy other than to find an external tuner.

M

MJ5ELRB

Audioholic Intern
You try a soft or hard reset yet? Did this work up until recently?
i have not tried a hard reset. i will try that tomorrow.

i'm not sure that the tuner function has worked or worked well. i recall getting a few local AM stations after hooking up the antenna that came with it some years ago. and the FM part wasn't pulling in anything i could hear at that time & i didn't have a FM antenna hooked up to it at that time either. so i went back to internet stations and pandora, etc and basically forgot about it.

then recently a friend told me of a FM station he really liked so i decided to try the FM tuner on this unit again but this time with a FM antenna hooked up. no sound though as mentioned, the screen lists the stations as "playing".

i'll try a hard reset tomorrow. thanks for your reply

M

MJ5ELRB

Audioholic Intern
Record your current settings. The only thing you can try is a hard reset. If three attempts don't get the radio tuner to work, then I don't see another remedy other than to find an external tuner.
understood. three trys it will be.

it is an older unit so a new external tuner or new AVR is on the horizon. thanks for your reply and pointing that out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

i'm not sure that the tuner function has worked or worked well. i recall getting a few local AM stations after hooking up the antenna that came with it some years ago. and the FM part wasn't pulling in anything i could hear at that time & i didn't have a FM antenna hooked up to it at that time either. so i went back to internet stations and pandora, etc and basically forgot about it.

then recently a friend told me of a FM station he really liked so i decided to try the FM tuner on this unit again but this time with a FM antenna hooked up. no sound though as mentioned, the screen lists the stations as "playing".

Have you tried finding if they have an internet stream instead? How does the screen indicate something is playing particularly, though?

M

MJ5ELRB

Audioholic Intern
Have you tried finding if they have an internet stream instead? How does the screen indicate something is playing particularly, though?
it does have internet stream and those stations i pick do play. as for local stations denon says i have to go to radiodenon.com. so i did that a long time ago but they want 4$ a year. seems odd to pay for what is free airwaves for local radio.

M

MJ5ELRB

Audioholic Intern
i was going to do the reset the other day. but i saw where some Denon's have the capability to save config settings via the web interface. i wasted a lot of time trying to find that option on this x3000 web interface. never found it. so i'm going to have to write some config things down first.

edit: i found the "save/load" button on the web interface. the manual had it on p119. but i had to turn on "compatability view" within internet explorer which was on a Denon support page. i'll see if it actually saves it. gotta change a couple settings for that.

Last edited:
M

MJ5ELRB

Audioholic Intern
i reset the x3000 to no avail. the tuner source still isn't sendiing sound out the speakers. oh well, it is old.

many thanks to all here who replied with help.

guess i'll start a thread on a few recommendations for a decent tuner to compliment this x3000 --or-- a new AVR.

thanks again

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
understood. three trys it will be.

it is an older unit so a new external tuner or new AVR is on the horizon. thanks for your reply and pointing that out.
That's hardly old- I installed a lot of equipment that's almost 20 years old and it still works fine-most of the AVRs are Denon.

On the display- does it show 'Tuned', next to where it has 'Audyssey'? Does the display show the station frequency?

Have you had any thunderstorms, lately?

How many stations do you listen to?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Well the few times I've bothered with the tuners in my receivers have both been in places with little to no selection/reception and not very good on the signals it could get. Then again I don't even listen to radio in the car any more, the content is just not very good.....curious, where are you and what stations would you listen to particularly?
I haven't seen a separate tuner for sale in ages....but I'd first try to see what I could do about receiving the stream via the internet for the stations you're interested in (altho some do that at such a low bitrate as to not to bother with). Good luck!

J

jake.mickey

Audiophyte
I was having the same issue and figured out how to fix it
on the remote press the option button then on the screen scroll Down to tune mode and press that and switch it from auto to manual and it should start working

J

jake.mickey

Audiophyte
The reason it is set to auto is so that when your on a station it will only work if it gets a perfect connection if it doesnt get a perfect connection it won’t work at all unless you have it set to manual tuning

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The reason it is set to auto is so that when your on a station it will only work if it gets a perfect connection if it doesnt get a perfect connection it won’t work at all unless you have it set to manual tuning
That's a 2 year old thread.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis