No sound output through sub

S

Sambics

Audiophyte
Hi,

My sub has recently stopped producing a sound output since setting it up after moving house.

The AV receiver has the sub icon highlighted (if I disconnect the sub the icon disappears), and produces a soft thud sound when I plug it in, so I know the sub is working. Whenever I run a test tone on the sub though it doesn't produce anything. I've tried changing it from auto-on to just on and it's also set on direct (flipping this switch didn't help either) and the volume on the sub is on.

Anyone got any ideas to help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi,

My sub has recently stopped producing a sound output since setting it up after moving house.

The AV receiver has the sub icon highlighted (if I disconnect the sub the icon disappears), and produces a soft thud sound when I plug it in, so I know the sub is working. Whenever I run a test tone on the sub though it doesn't produce anything. I've tried changing it from auto-on to just on and it's also set on direct (flipping this switch didn't help either) and the volume on the sub is on.

Anyone got any ideas to help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Sam
Just because your hear a sound when plugging in doesn't indicate "working" What sub, what avr? Were any cables connected to either during the move?

S

Sambics

Audiophyte
Everything was disconnected when moving, Sony STR-DG820 AVR, Tannoy TS10 sub

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Check to make sure speaker size wasn't reset to large in the Sony ( some AVRs reset after continued time unplugged) and then plug a source directly into the sub and see if it plays.

S

Sambics

Audiophyte
Speaker size was set to large, however changing this to small didn't fix the issue. Sub works directly from source.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like it's in the avr then. Possibly the rca output solder broke during the move.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Cheers for your help anyway
I would definitely check the sub cable.

I would do a factory reset to default as described on Page 29 of your manual.

I note a reset has to be performed when the unit is first used. Since this unit was out of service for a period of time, a reset may well be what is required.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What source does it not output? Or rather what are you playing, CD, movies, what?

S

Sambics

Audiophyte
Sorry, didn't see the reply. The factory reset hasn't changed the situation.

All sources don't output anything through the sub, including the test level function in the unit itself. I'll try and find someone to look at the solder.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis