No Sound Output Denon 5803A

N

nate88818

Audiophyte
Have a Denon 5803A

Bought from DAKMART 4 months ago, was in the process of moving so I did not set the unit up, just powered it on and it powered up ok.

This is the first time hooking speakers up to the unit, and it does not output sound.

No sound output with optical cable, Denon link, minimal sound from RCA cables...have to turn volume close to max about 10db.

Checked speaker connections, reset processor.

Fairly sure I had correct setting in menus.

Started with D-Link, did not work, went to optical did not work, so I hooked up Lt and RT RCA

I must be missing something, or this unit is broke

Help!!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Does it work on FM?

My 2802 acted the same way at first but I needed to go thru a setup procedure. I couldn't even get FM to come in and, with virtually any previous receiver I've ever owned, getting FM was a no brainer. Check your manual and, if doing everything it says, then you have a problem. I certainly hope DAK is an authorized dealer.

P.S... I hope powering it up w/o speakers didn't harm it.

E

ebough

Junior Audioholic
I also have a 5803. The set-up is extremely complicated and the instruction manual is very poorly written. There are many possible places you could have screwed up. I would just start from scratch, read every line in the manual, and work through it again. If that fails, Denon's tech support is surprisingly good at helping you work through things, but besure you have phone in hand with the unit in front of you when you talk to them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis