No sound out of right speaker.

K

knobstler

Audiophyte
Hej can anyone tell me why when i have my yamaha mx2 power connected directly into my yamaha cx2 pre amp i get normal sound. But when i have the mx2s power cable connected to a seperate power suplie the right channel i dead?
I dont really understand how that is possible.

Thanks upfront on any suggestions

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, generally you don't want to plug your power amp into a pre-amp in the first place (like your manual indicates), but yes, that sounds quite odd unless there's perhaps an issue with connections when you're moving things around? You've switched cabling/speakers around to see if the problem follows somehow?

K

knobstler

Audiophyte
Well, generally you don't want to plug your power amp into a pre-amp in the first place (like your manual indicates), but yes, that sounds quite odd unless there's perhaps an issue with connections when you're moving things around? You've switched cabling/speakers around to see if the problem follows somehow?
Thats exactly why i tried to power them seperatly. I will try to swap the cables tommorow but it makes no sense that it works when using the the pre amps power supply. But not from a seperate socket

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Process of elimination is definitely what you need to do, sounds like a connection is broken or intermittently working but..... Curious, did you use them a long time together like that? Did you check the manual or have other reason to change the outlet? At lower volumes probably fine altho it was a pretty limited wattage rating for those outlets on the pre-amp.

K

knobstler

Audiophyte
Yes pretty much always as it would turn them both on at the same time. Never had any problems. But i read recently that is better to keep them seperate so i tried today. It didnt find anything in the manuals about that speaks for or against either way.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes pretty much always as it would turn them both on at the same time. Never had any problems. But i read recently that is better to keep them seperate so i tried today. It didnt find anything in the manuals about that speaks for or against either way.
It's in the pre-amp's manual when discussing use of the outlets on the back panel....says do not attach amplifiers or integrated amplifiers or receivers and specifically on the switched outlet to keep below 200watt limit, emphasizes this last bit (page 6 of the pdf manual).

K

knobstler

Audiophyte
Oh i see i should have known that before. But it still doesnt explain that it works the way not intendet. I hope it is some other problem

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh i see i should have known that before. But it still doesnt explain that it works the way not intendet. I hope it is some other problem
Yes like you say, not what you'd expect so time to hunt the actual problem down....hopefully you'll figure that out soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis