No sound from ONKYO TXNR609

tenerifepaul

tenerifepaul

Audioholic Intern
All my Home Cinema components ( apple tv, humax decoder, samsung blueray) are connected via HDMI to my amp, the output from which isconnected to my SAMSUNG TV via its hub.
Everything has worked perfectly for years until this week. Now I can get no sound when viewing any component via any source.
I have excluded my amp and connected my humax decoder to the SAMSUNG hub and the sound plays fine through the TV speakers. Ditto my other components.
Clearly there is a problem with the amp. It was not a sudden thing , the sound has been on and off for about a week until finally it went off completely.
Any help would be appreciated.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might try first a soft reset (unplugging it for a while) or a hard/microprocessor reset as per the manual.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
If a soft reset does not work then try a hard one.

Do you get any sound from the headphone jack?

If the amp is silent after that, it is new receiver time.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Do you hear a relay clicking when switching between different HDMI ports? If so, you may have a bad board in the receiver. I had the same problem years after I purchased an Onkyo from a guy on craigslist. I called Onkyo and they repaired it free of charge.

Last edited:
B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
Might try first a soft reset (unplugging it for a while) or a hard/microprocessor reset as per the manual.
I had a similar problem with with an Onkyo TX-8160. A “hard reset” cleared it all up. The instructions should tell you what to do if things go “haywire”.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis