No sound from Marantz SR5000 Pre-outs... what am I doing wrong?

C

charleydog

Audiophyte
For the moment, I'm trying to use my Marantz SR5000 AV receiver as only a hometheater preamp until I upgrade. I'm not getting any sound out of the preout rca jacks, but will get sound if I hook up the speakers directly to the unit (i.e., signal is being processed and put through the internal amp, no problem, but not being sent to preouts). Does anyone have any ideas on this? The manual says nothing about needing to do anything special to get a signal out of the preouts -- it gives the impression that I should just be able to connect them to separate amps and go. :(

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I tried to look for a manual download. No luck. Man, I would be p!$$#d if Yamaha did not offer this. :confused:

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
is there any chance you have to set the speaker select switch to "off" instead of A or B to get the feed out though the pre-amp ? :confused:

C

charleydog

Audiophyte
Hmmm... I'll try that. It would be strange if that were the case, though, as you would think they would want to allow you to use an external amp for some channels and the internal amp for others (e.g., just the rear speakers or the rears and center if you have a separate two channel amp).

Anyone else using their SR7000 or SR5000 as a preamp only?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
It is technical when it comes to telling your unit what you want it to do. See if your manual has instructions for adding an amp. My Yamaha has several different options for setting depending on what you choose to do. You have to put the car in drive in order to move forward0 :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis