No sound from center channel in multi channel

B

bnewt

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>What could be the problem? &nbsp;I have the center channel turned on in the dvd player setup (Pioneer 45A) &amp; I selected multi channel in on the receiver. &nbsp;What gives? &nbsp;The center works correctly in digital, but not analog</font>

E

ED27

Audioholic Intern
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
bnewt : <font color='#000000'>What could be the problem?  I have the center channel turned on in the dvd player setup (Pioneer 45A) &amp; I selected multi channel in on the receiver.  What gives?  The center works correctly in digital, but not analog</font>
<font color='#000000'>Have you noticed the problem with different SACD and DVD-A titles? &nbsp;Some discs have very little center channel information while other have plenty. &nbsp;A pink noise check through your DV-45's setup menu should verify that the center channel has output.

Also, some multi-format players need to have the outputs activated through the setup menu. &nbsp;My Sony has this option and if I remember correctly my Pioneer DV-563 does as well.</font>

B

bnewt

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I think that it is the sacd. &nbsp;I don't think that it was recorded with center sound. I inserted a dvd-a &amp; had center channel.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis