No Sound at all from Denon3805

L

lulin

Audiophyte
I hooked up my newly bought Denon 3805 with 5 speakers and with the DVD player using the digital optical cable for sound. The DVD video is hooked directly with the TV (which works). I've got sound from testing when I do the channel selection. However, when I play DVD, there is no sound at all from the speakers (i checked all the digital input settings). And there is no sound from the tuner either. What can be the problem? I am sure it is probably very simple, but I just can't figure it out. Please help.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
lulin said:
I hooked up my newly bought Denon 3805 with 5 speakers and with the DVD player using the digital optical cable for sound. The DVD video is hooked directly with the TV (which works). I've got sound from testing when I do the channel selection. However, when I play DVD, there is no sound at all from the speakers (i checked all the digital input settings). And there is no sound from the tuner either. What can be the problem? I am sure it is probably very simple, but I just can't figure it out. Please help.

I am not sure either, from here :)
But, you may need to check all the buttons, you don't have one in the wrong position to mute it. You should try to figure this out first with the radio. May want to use the remote as well and check the mute. There may be a tape monitor depressed.

U

Unregistered

Also check the A and B speaker selections if the Denon has that capability. On receivers like mine (Onkyo) you can choose A, B, or A+B but ironically also turn both sets off.

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
I would suggest double-checking your speaker connections and your digital connections, too. Make sure you have the correct optical input assigned to your DVD player. Also, try cycling through the listening modes and surround modes. It's possible that you've got it set to External In (analog multichannel inputs) or something else. Finally, check the volume at the receiver and via the remote. There's a Zone 2 setting on the remote which won't turn up the Main Volume. BTW, the Test Tone volume is automatically set regardless of volume settings or inputs.

Good luck,

Jason

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Are you sure you went into setup and assigned the correct optical connection to your DVD player? If so, you also need to be aware that if you are playing a DVD Audio or SACD player you have to set the receiver to "Ext. In" or you won't get any sound.

On the remote there is a button called "I Mode". You might try toggling through that button. I would suggest toggling to the "Auto" setting. But again, you need to make sure you have assigned the correct optical connection to your DVD player or you won't get any sound.

Hope that helps. Let us know how things turned out. If you sitll can't figure it out email me and I will give you phone number and you can call me. I have the same receiver and am pretty familiar with all the settings.

Good Luck.

U

Unregistered

No Sound or muted dialogue

Yipe, I had the same problem with my Denon 2805 at first but managed to get the sound after setting up the optical input with corresponding video input in the setup menu....quite easy actually. I also had muted dialogue problem from my DVD player....I had to switch PCM to ALL in my DVD player to get it right.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis