No, not Curly! RIP Mr Neal and thanks for the memories....

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
He was a Blast to watch! Back in the 60’s as a kid with only two channels on a black and white tv I’d make sure to watch The Harlem Globetrotters.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Iirc, that first SD episode he was in... ‘72. I didn’t see it until a few years later. ;)
Yep way before 72 :) My grandfather had tickets to a game when I was a kid...probably mid 60s....so much fun.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Whoa I remember him and Meadowlark Lemon(passed 2015) as a little kid in the late 78- 80s. That dude was so cool. May he rest. I can hear the song in my head as I write this.

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Awww man... he was the funniest of the Globetrotters. I watched them every chance I got as a kid.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Curly and Meadowlark were so much fun to watch as a kid growing up. I know they can't live forever, but my memory of their ball skills will. So much fun to watch as a kid. But I tried and tried and tried to spin a ball on my finger but never could do it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Everyone loved Curly! Aw man. You know, all these RIP threads are bumming me out. I hit the big five-oh yesterday. Seems like all my heroes are dying lately...

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Happy birthday! I know that's not worth much in these trying times, but I do mean it from my heart.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Curly and Meadowlark were so much fun to watch as a kid growing up. I know they can't live forever, but my memory of their ball skills will. So much fun to watch as a kid. But I tried and tried and tried to spin a ball on my finger but never could do it.
Yep Curly and Meadowlark are who I remember. I think I read somewhere that the Washington Generals only beat the Trotters once in all the times that they played. Great stuff RIP Curly.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis