No new T.V. models for 2020 & 2021? true or False

P

PhilCohen

Audioholic
I was considering buying a Sony OLED T.V., and there's a factory authorized sale going on until early June 2020. A technology commentator on YouTube stated that T.V. manufacturers wouldn't be introducing any new models in 2020 & 2021 (while the Covid-19 situation is ongoing). If that's true, then it would be a good idea to take advantage of that Sony sale price.
But, you can't believe everything that you hear from a YouTube commentator. So, is it really true that there will be no new T.V. models in 2020 or 2021? If it's not true, I might as well wait until summer, and buy a new, up to date model.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sony’s are about the most Reliable out there. My Son has their 75” paid like umm 7k for it about a year ago so I’m sure price has come down. Anything bigger with Sony was over 10k if I remember right at the time he got his. So yeah jump on one if the price is right and the deal is real. 8k is out now but No blu-ray or anything for that matter is out yet. It’ll be a few years if and that’s a Big if before I go 8K on a HDTV of the Nature!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've seen no such announcement generally. It wouldn't surprise me that new model rollout could be delayed what with all the supply chain interruptions, tho. Best to ask Sony....

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Shoot Sony a Email to their Customer service department. You should get something back.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hey! That’s Andrew!! aka ADTG!;) first time I’ve seen him without his face mask on! Looking Dapper Dan bro!! Told you to go after your dream and be a full time audio dealer glad you finally made to jump! better than sitting in a office! :p;)

P

PhilCohen

Audioholic
I joined Sony's forum and posted the question thre, but got no answer.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't suppose you did get an answer, as there are more unknowns than knowns at present.

This is an unprecedented and sudden world wide depression currently.

At this time economic experts are agreed, that the virus is in charge. There has been unprecedented disruptions to manufacturing supply chains and transport. A perfect storm.

This has caused vast amounts of capital to evaporate, and a rapid increase of indebtedness both private and public, especially the latter.

The behavior of the Covid 19 virus is very much open to conjecture. However further outbreaks and peaks are more likely than not. One thing I can say that there is universal agreement on, is that there will be ongoing severe disruptions until an effective vaccine is produced and distributed in sufficient quantities to end the uncertainty by putting an end to the pandemic.

Now the question becomes will there be a massive roll back of globalization? That is very much and open question.

Factors that would drive such a move would be the fact that dependency on Far Eastern manufacture has put western societies at huge risk and disadvantage. Look no further then the fiasco for PPE, and medical supplies in general. It has also put national security at great risk.

Many jobs are lost for ever. So the need to provide new jobs in the western nations will quickly become an overriding issue.

Then we have to consider the impact of the huge amounts of public dept on top of pretty much unsustainable dept of many nations from over liberal expenditures over many years now. In standard economic policy this would require large increases in taxation. This will pretty much guarantee a non existent recovery or at least a painfully slow one. How this will play out it is not possible to judge at this juncture. However it is highly likely that there will be money printing on an unprecedented scale. This will likely lead to a run on national currencies and application of exchange controls. This could certainly lead to nations not trusting each other's currencies. This would certainly bring global trade to a rapid halt. I just provide this as an example of one possible scenario in the aftermath of this catastrophe.

Lastly, and worse, this event has made the chance of war with China somewhat more likely than pre pandemic. As events could play out similar to the aftermath of the great depression of 1929. There was a monetary picture similar to what I outlined above. It was the closing of US and other markets to Japan that was the principle incitement to the attack on Pearl Harbor.

So what of the effect on electronic goods? Well, I think people will, and should be advised, to hold onto cash. In other words to spend only on essentials. This reduces the incentive to bring new products to market.

The supply disruption will also be a major disincentive. In addition while there is danger and fear of recurring peaks of infections, resources will be concentrated on medical supply issues and food production and distribution.

For all the above reasons other items will take a back seat.

So while there is inventory on hand, then business will in the short term encourage sales by keeping prices low to raise cash. After inventories are depleted I expect massive price rises.

I do think there will be a retrenchment from globalization, at least in the short term. However history has shown that restrictive trade practices lead to severe distortion in markets. A review of duties on agricultural products in the nineteenth century are particularly instructive. In the UK there was a long and acrimonious battle over the repeal of the corn laws. Since that time the UK has basically been a nation in favor of free trade. Sir Robert Peel being an early proponent of free trade. Although the repeal of the corn laws cost him his premiership.

So to cut to the chase. If you have to replace your TV do it now. Going forward expect price rises and goods like TVs and receivers etc will be hard to come by. I expect we will all have to make do with what we have now for some years to come. So reliability and quality should now be dominant factors in decisions to purchase, as replacing a receiver or TV may well become vary difficult and very costly.

If you TV is working fine for you now, keep it and conserve cash.

I do think there will be huge incentive to return manufacture to our nation states again and I expect this to happen, though the period of readjustment may be quite painful.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I don't suppose you did get an answer, as there are more unknowns than knowns at present.

This is an unprecedented and sudden world wide depression currently.

At this time economic experts are agreed, that the virus is in charge. There has been unprecedented disruptions to manufacturing supply chains and transport. A perfect storm.

This has caused vast amounts of capital to evaporate, and a rapid increase of indebtedness both private and public, especially the latter.

The behavior of the Covid 19 virus is very much open to conjecture. However further outbreaks and peaks are more likely than not. One thing I can say that there is universal agreement on, is that there will be ongoing severe disruptions until an effective vaccine is produced and distributed in sufficient quantities to end the uncertainty by putting an end to the pandemic.

Now the question becomes will there be a massive roll back of globalization? That is very much and open question.

Factors that would drive such a move would be the fact that dependency on Far Eastern manufacture has put western societies at huge risk and disadvantage. Look no further then the fiasco for PPE, and medical supplies in general. It has also put national security at great risk.

Many jobs are lost for ever. So the need to provide new jobs in the western nations will quickly become an overriding issue.

Then we have to consider the impact of the huge amounts of public dept on top of pretty much unsustainable dept of many nations from over liberal expenditures over many years now. In standard economic policy this would require large increases in taxation. This will pretty much guarantee a non existent recovery or at least a painfully slow one. How this will play out it is not possible to judge at this juncture. However it is highly likely that there will be money printing on an unprecedented scale. This will likely lead to a run on national currencies and application of exchange controls. This could certainly lead to nations not trusting each other's currencies. This would certainly bring global trade to a rapid halt. I just provide this as an example of one possible scenario in the aftermath of this catastrophe.

Lastly, and worse, this event has made the chance of war with China somewhat more likely than pre pandemic. As events could play out similar to the aftermath of the great depression of 1929. There was a monetary picture similar to what I outlined above. It was the closing of US and other markets to Japan that was the principle incitement to the attack on Pearl Harbor.

So what of the effect on electronic goods? Well, I think people will, and should be advised, to hold onto cash. In other words to spend only on essentials. This reduces the incentive to bring new products to market.

The supply disruption will also be a major disincentive. In addition while there is danger and fear of recurring peaks of infections, resources will be concentrated on medical supply issues and food production and distribution.

For all the above reasons other items will take a back seat.

So while there is inventory on hand, then business will in the short term encourage sales by keeping prices low to raise cash. After inventories are depleted I expect massive price rises.

I do think there will be a retrenchment from globalization, at least in the short term. However history has shown that restrictive trade practices lead to severe distortion in markets. A review of duties on agricultural products in the nineteenth century are particularly instructive. In the UK there was a long and acrimonious battle over the repeal of the corn laws. Since that time the UK has basically been a nation in favor of free trade. Sir Robert Peel being an early proponent of free trade. Although the repeal of the corn laws cost him his premiership.

So to cut to the chase. If you have to replace your TV do it now. Going forward expect price rises and goods like TVs and receivers etc will be hard to come by. I expect we will all have to make do with what we have now for some years to come. So reliability and quality should now be dominant factors in decisions to purchase, as replacing a receiver or TV may well become vary difficult and very costly.

If you TV is working fine for you now, keep it and conserve cash.

I do think there will be huge incentive to return manufacture to our nation states again and I expect this to happen, though the period of readjustment may be quite painful.
Spoken like a true wise man, Doc, top of the morning to you Sir! Your the only Levelheaded member that AH has. Or the only one who can speak with Logical reasoning. If you ever Decide to leave AH, I do believe AH will lose it’s Moral conscience,

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I joined Sony's forum and posted the question thre, but got no answer.
I’m stuck with a non hdr Sony 4k and the smart apps are terrible. Not sure if I’ll ever buy another Sony after this ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis