No more Marantz 8400 @ Ubid.com!!!! Now I'm lost

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I'm confused, I thought ubid.com was a Marantz authorized e-tailer, but it's not on their website and more. If not I'm dissapointed I can't pick up a Marantz 8400 for like $600 anymore. That really cuts down on my options for a new reciever. I know the 8400's are still on ebay, but I just don't think I can buy something like that with no warranty just in case something goes wrong.....can anyone shed some light on this. I was all set to go with that as a receiver.

So now I'm limited to looking at the Marantz 5500 going for $450 and the Marantz 7400 for $600 at accessories4less.com which is an authorized dealer so they still have a waranty. Has anyone got any experience with these and is there a noticable difference between the two. I'm just worried that the 5500 won't be able to get the full sound out of a Paradigm Monitor 7. I'm so lost now. Please help

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Give it a few days and keep checking back...ubid is more akin to a clearinghouse...they don't keep stock in, they just get it as it comes. So, chances are, if you continue checking back periodically, they'll have some around. Don't give up hope just yet.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Well its not just that, even if one does show up, I was pretty sure UBid.com used to be listed on the Marantz site as an authorized dealer so they still had a waranty, checked today and its not there anymore

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
What's wrong with the Pioneer 1015, or the HK's at Harman Audio on ebay?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Buckeyefan 1 said:
What's wrong with the Pioneer 1015, or the HK's at Harman Audio on ebay?
Nothing in particular, I've just heard so many good things about Marantz receivers that I am pretty set that they are what I'm going to go with. I'm always up for new suggestions since I'm not buying for a few more weeks when some more funds come in. I've listened to Marantz at a local shop atndhe sound was awesome. You def. know what your talking about Buckeye so I respect your opinion. Everything I've read on forum's says that Marantz is one of the best bang for the buck brands and since I'm in college money is always an issue. About $700 is the max I can spend on a receiver so any input would be great.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
I have to say that with the 8400s gone, if they don't come back listen to Buckeye Fans advice. Check out the H/K's and the Pioneers. I bought my elite vsx-54tx from elegantaudiovideo.com for less than $700 shipped. Elegant A/V will honor the original Pioneer warranyt. There are no authorized service centers around here, so I would hav eto mail the unit off anyway. This way I just send it back to Elegant A/V & they will service the unit for the 2 year warranty.

I have to say that the 54 is an awesome machine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis