No audio from desktop

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Not familiar with a USB DAC. I'll look into it. Thx MrBoat.
USB bypasses the soundcard altogether and should deliver what amounts to bit perfect signal to the DAC, and from there to your amp.

You can further enhance Windows audio with a program like Equalizer APO and end up with some excellent sound from PC. IIRC, there is a discussion about how to fix Windows audio on ASR while you are at it that may make it even more worthwhile.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tested the mic to see if you can record currently? Especially if it uses the same port. A USB dongle for listening sounds good, Audiosciencereview has tested a number of them, doesn't have to be expensive to work well; I'd look thru their reviews for features/price.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
It's not a mic that I record with. It is whatever is playing. I record Megyn Kelley's podcast most every day to play at work the next day. I haven't found the download button. I'm sure there is one, but I just hit record. But yes, I did try that and it does still record, but no audio output of course.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
So if I get a USB output device, would the current soundcard still be active to record?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Thx for the tip @-Jim- . I uninstalled the sound card. Rebooted and now it works. I was expecting to re-install it. Tried to play something and it said no program exists for playback or some such. I looked to find where to re-install it. Checked the sound properties and it was active. Tried an mp3 again and it plays! I didn't do anything that I know of to re-install it. Recording still works too.
Thanks for the help gentlemen.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis