Nintendo Switch No 5.1 Surround

J

Johkam

Audiophyte
Does anyone know how to solve the problem with the surround sound on the Switch? I can not do anything with Surround, the Rear Left and Right Speakers got no sound, the Switch from what I learned only supports LPCM 5.1 and not Dolby, DTS, or something like that, as a result of which I Struggle with no results, the Home Theater I have is the LG LHB655NW, on TV LG C9 I normally have Passthough and earc but nothing, and probably the Home Theater Receiver does not support LPCM 5.1, nor is there any HDMI converter to step in and make the signal from LPCM 5.1 to Dolby Digital or DTS compression, the only option is a new AV Receiver HDMI with € 250? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Does anyone know how to solve the problem with the surround sound on the Switch? I can not do anything with Surround, the Rear Left and Right Speakers got no sound, the Switch from what I learned only supports LPCM 5.1 and not Dolby, DTS, or something like that, as a result of which I Struggle with no results, the Home Theater I have is the LG LHB655NW, on TV LG C9 I normally have Passthough and earc but nothing, and probably the Home Theater Receiver does not support LPCM 5.1, nor is there any HDMI converter to step in and make the signal from LPCM 5.1 to Dolby Digital or DTS compression, the only option is a new AV Receiver HDMI with € 250? Thanks in advance.
I would think that pretty much any modern AVR will handle LPCM, so I doubt that is your problem.

The specs on that LG device shows that it is "only stereo"with "simulated surround effects". So, even with Dolby or DTS, it is just saying it can decode such material. LPCM material has already been decoded, you would not want to convert that back to DTS then re-decode it.

I'm gonna give it to you straight, that LG "home theater" is not a very good system at all, and is likely the root of your problems here. The caveat is that I know little about the Switch audio output either.

J

Johkam

Audiophyte
Thanks for the answer, well it’s not that same model as the one you post is the LHB655BW, I know is not that good but if any AVR can process LPCM 5.1 this why not? When I connect the PC with the TV and the home Theater in Passthough mode and I am selecting Dolby Atmos from the PC in Jedi Fallen Order with the software from Dolby I bought I can hear true surround and not simulated, in Netflix I hear 5.1 too really it’s not mixed sound hear different effect from each speaker and pass all the tests, the Netflix got the 5.1 on the titles when Is supported, when I connect the switch directly on the Home Theater and put it surround or auto again I hear nothing, so my options here is to buy a new system Or I can change the AV receiver And what model are you suggesting? Thanks a lot for the answer

N

Newfang

Enthusiast
Its not his "home thearter" as you say. I just bought a Switch oled and have the same issue. I have a LG CX and a Denon AVR with Polk Signatures Series 5.1. I'm ready to return the Switch because it is being such a pain in the ass trying to get 5.1. It's almost 2022, Nintendo historically leaves out basic features and it shows.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Had no issues getting mulitchannel sound with my first generation switch on my system.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
In order to get 5.1, you need to go to the AVR first, not the TV. Even with passthru, it often does not work looping it through the TV first.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure if they ever moved on to something new, but the LG sound system here did not have any HDMI inputs for devices and only included analog and optical input ports. ARC wouldn't handle LPCM 5.1 even if the TV sent it. Switch dock only has HDMI port and LPCM output so they were in a pickle and would only ever get converted 2.0 audio from the TV.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Had no issues getting mulitchannel sound with my first generation switch on my system.
Same here. Plugged the HDMI cable into my AVR and played games. Simple as that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis