Niles Audio Pro15sw schematic/Workshop manual

P

PieterLotter

Audiophyte
I have a problem with my Niles 15" and need the schematic or manual for the guy repairing the amplifier. I have tried emailing Niles but they replied with this,

"I'm sorry to say we do not have the ability to repair the Stagefront Pro15SW's anymore, nor are schematics available for it. I'm very sorry. The only thing I can suggest is reaching out to a Niles dealer in the hope they can get you a discount on a replacement. We don't have subwoofers exactly like that anymore but our sister company Sunfire does. I'm sorry again. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you."

This is not an option for me.
Any help would be appreciated or putting me in contact with someone who can help

thank you

P

PieterLotter

Audiophyte
Bump.
I am still looking for the workshop manual of the amplifier in the Niles 15 subwoofer.

I have two of them both working but the one makes a loud pop when you switch another outlet on or off or sometimes when you toch the plate amp heatsink.
I took it to a electronics guy and he wants the workshop manual. He said something about starting with the pulldown?? resister I cant really remember was a while ago.

If someone knows where to ask please let me know

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Bump.
I am still looking for the workshop manual of the amplifier in the Niles 15 subwoofer.

I have two of them both working but the one makes a loud pop when you switch another outlet on or off or sometimes when you toch the plate amp heatsink.
I took it to a electronics guy and he wants the workshop manual. He said something about starting with the pulldown?? resister I cant really remember was a while ago.

If someone knows where to ask please let me know
I'm not sure how much he is charging you but after all this time I would have just bought an external amp to run the sub off of.

P

PieterLotter

Audiophyte
I'm not sure how much he is charging you but after all this time I would have just bought an external amp to run the sub off of.
The amp is working, inputs, crossover and volume is working 100% its the loud pop sometimes when switching off I want to have fixed.
Only one of the 2 subs is doing it and fix would be free is I can find the schematics somewhere.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The amp is working, inputs, crossover and volume is working 100% its the loud pop sometimes when switching off I want to have fixed.
Only one of the 2 subs is doing it and fix would be free is I can find the schematics somewhere.
I see. I had the same issue with a Velodyne DD12, quite annoying. Maybe @TLS Guy can chime in if he gets a moment, as he on vacation. IIRC he might know where to start but if there is no SM available, it becomes troubleshooting anyways.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Subwoofer plate amps are one of the worst things to try and repair. Nobody offers service manuals because they are not designed to be serviced. Due to the amount of air flow and vibration, many of the components are covered in epoxy or resign, so they can not be easily diagnosed or replaced. The circuitry gets updated and redesigned often, so the production runs are not long and servicing is rarely a consideration. I have a similar popping problem in a Klipsch sub and they could not provide a replacement plate amp or even a circuit diagram. These are basically disposable devices that you trash when they break. Replacement plate amps from PartExpress will not have the exact same frequency response designed for your specific speaker, so they are not a viable option. Best bet is to find a service tech with an oscilloscope or proper signal generators and tracers to diagnose the issue without the need of a schematic. The amount of hours involved makes this cost prohibitive so it is only worth it for higher end subs. I used to repair audio gear for several years and these non-servicable designs are very frustrating.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis