CyboLynx

CyboLynx

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>heyagain i have the chance to pickup a Nikko Alpha 230

but id like to know anybodys input on it ...

i currantly own a QSC MX1500a poweramp with a Gemini PA701 preamp ...

i also own a Sony str de585 5.1 amp ....

but i like amps ...and i like poweramps more ill make it fit if i have to ....but if this amp is a kick to the teeth ill just forget about it ...anyhow ..thanx</font>

CyboLynx

CyboLynx

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>nobody has any advice on this amp ? ....</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Nikko amps had the sound charecteristic of Crown amps and are solidly built products.

Since you are a amp man may I suggest that you add the Yamaha MX-1000/2000 or MX-1 to your collection, you wont regret it.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaycan

Jaycan

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Yamahaluver:
Was the MX-1 the cool titanium box with beautiful large VU meters and rated pure class A?</font>

CyboLynx

CyboLynx

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>ok this is the thing ...this Nikko Alpha 220 is selling in town here for $150 cdn ... would $150 cdn be to high of a price ...

also is a Technics SE-A5 Poweramp for sale here ....its going for $300 cdn

any info on these amp would be great .... and muchly muchly appreciated ....</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Jaycan : <font color='#000000'>Yamahaluver:
Was the MX-1 the cool titanium box with beautiful large VU meters and rated pure class A?</font>
<font color='#0000FF'>Jaycan,

You are reffering to the expensive all MOSFET affair from Yamaha namely the MX-2000 and the centennial edition 95lb MX-10000 which went for $11000 when new. The MX-1 is the newer VU less version of the MX-1000 which is also class A.http://k-nisi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/mx-10000-h.jpg</font>

Jaycan

Jaycan

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Any links to the MX 1000/2000</font>

Jaycan

Jaycan

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Oops- my bad. the link was already posted. Thanks</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com