billg71

billg71

Audioholic Intern
Anybody have any listening time on these speakers? I've heard so much for so long about the NHT Ones that I just couldn't resist the $337.49/ea price so I ordered a pair tonight.

I'm looking forward to comparing them to my LSA-1 Signatures, I'm really happy with the LSAs but I'm afraid I've succumbed to AAS(audio acquisition syndrome). My man cave(12'x12', 7'6 ceiling) had a pair of DCM Time Wonder IIIs for almost 15 years, replaced by a pair of Zaph SR71s with a cheap Pioneer sub and now hosts the LSAs and a Gallo CLS10 sub, which I'm perfectly happy with.

BTW, I run a 2.1 system, no surrounds.

Any insights or experience would be appreciated. Or just tell me I'm an idiot.... ;)

TIA,
Bill

ecologydoc

ecologydoc

Junior Audioholic
Ummm, post title is "NHT Classic Three?", reference in second sentence is to "NHT Ones"; is that a new NHT speaker? Because the Classic Threes are normally $499, now $449, can't imagine you found those for less than $350.
Anyway, I have a pair of Classic Threes on stands in a bedroom and they're great for movies or music. Go low enough so I don't hear the need for a subwoofer.

billg71

billg71

Audioholic Intern
Yes, I'm asking about the Classic Three. I mentioned the Ones since they've been around forever and have a kind of cult status, didn't even know they made the Three until I went to their website. I guess the Ones are now the "SuperOne 2.1" Or maybe they used to be just the SuperOne?

The Threes were available for the $337.49 price(including shipping) on the NHT site up until Christmas, just checked and they're back at $450. I ordered mine on the 18th, they shipped the 21st and I'm picking them up at UPS tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! I'm looking forward to getting these mounted and giving them a listen.

Best,
Bill

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Look forward to hearing your impressions of the Classic 3's.
I've heard good things about the DCM Time and LSA's, so the 3's will have their wok cut out for them!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis