P

PiPod

Banned
Hey does anyone have the superfan package from Directv? Now that I have my 67” DLP TV set up with HDTV I’m thinking watching games in HD should be happening. So far I’ve only used it for gaming, just bought an HD receiver. Saw this site: www.heybuttercup.com wanted to know what “up to 9 games in HD every Sunday” means realistically.

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Not a D-TV subscriber but get 15+ HD channels over cable. Football (at least if it's a good broadcast) is why HDTV was invented :D

R

rynberg

Audioholic Intern
Every Fox game is in HD, 2 CBS games are in HD, every Sunday.

P

PiPod

Banned
Mort Corey said:
Not a D-TV subscriber but get 15+ HD channels over cable. Football (at least if it's a good broadcast) is why HDTV was invented :D
Heh, good to hear. 15 on the cable, huh? Hm. I already have directv, not switching, got mad at comcast for giving their (my!) money to support the war on drugs. Yeah, I think it's time to bite the bullet and get sunday ticket and superfan. If anyone does have it, do you know how they work the audio for the 8 games in 1 channel? Silent? A mix? Music?

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
I had it last year because I received a deal when I signed up. It wasn't that great at all. If I remember correctly I only got around 3 more HD games besides the ones on my local stations. All the rest were not able to be viewed in HD. But, they seem to have changed it for the better this year.

R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
I agree with Bigs

wasn't all that. signed up to watch Bengals games. i live in dayton, games were blacked out from cleveland and pittsburg. whats the use?

P

PiPod

Banned
Bigsilvs said:
I had it last year because I received a deal when I signed up. It wasn't that great at all. If I remember correctly I only got around 3 more HD games besides the ones on my local stations. All the rest were not able to be viewed in HD. But, they seem to have changed it for the better this year.
I heard that last year you could get the games in HD with just sunday ticket and didn't need superfan. I play fantasy and I thought that the stats channels with superfan might help me with my picks, know anything about that?

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
PiPod said:
I heard that last year you could get the games in HD with just sunday ticket and didn't need superfan. I play fantasy and I thought that the stats channels with superfan might help me with my picks, know anything about that?

The deal that I got last year was, if I bought Sunday ticket for $69.99, I would get the Premier package ($119.99) for the same price as the $41.99 package when I signed a 2 year contract. Week 1 came and I didn't get any NFL ticket channels in HD. I called Directv and and complained that I was told I would get my NFL ticket channels in HD if I did the deal. Directv upgraded my deal to the Superfan package for FREE in which then I received NFL ticket channels in HD.

drunkmunk

drunkmunk

Junior Audioholic
I was wondering if anyone else noticed a pretty piss poor HD on NBC's games... it might just be me but they seem to sub par as far as NFL games go.

P

PiPod

Banned
Bigsilvs said:
The deal that I got last year was, if I bought Sunday ticket for $69.99, I would get the Premier package ($119.99) for the same price as the $41.99 package when I signed a 2 year contract. Week 1 came and I didn't get any NFL ticket channels in HD. I called Directv and and complained that I was told I would get my NFL ticket channels in HD if I did the deal. Directv upgraded my deal to the Superfan package for FREE in which then I received NFL ticket channels in HD.
Huh, got it. I need to just call them and make them give me free things. :) I already have directv service, which kinda sucks because I know they give more deals to new customers. Oh well. I think I'm going to get superfan hooked up today. Hey what do they show on the redzone channel if there are no teams in the endzone?

C

cmusic

Junior Audioholic
drunkmunk said:
I was wondering if anyone else noticed a pretty piss poor HD on NBC's games... it might just be me but they seem to sub par as far as NFL games go.
It must be your cable company or local NBC station that is causing the problems. The NBC Sunday night games come through incrediblely clear and detailed from my local NBC station and local cable company. Even the sound is in DD 5.1 with the fan/stadium sounds coming from the surrounds, the field sounds coming from the front left and right channels, and the announcers coming from the center channel.

drunkmunk said:
Last week (and ever since preseason) half of NBC's shots jumped out of focus - every time they set the ball or showed a replay or huddle... This week they seemed to have fixed whatever it was. NBC seemed to be the culprit, though the blame could certainly fall on the local affiliate as opposed to the national feed.

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
PiPod said:
Huh, got it. I need to just call them and make them give me free things. :) I already have directv service, which kinda sucks because I know they give more deals to new customers. Oh well. I think I'm going to get superfan hooked up today. Hey what do they show on the redzone channel if there are no teams in the endzone?
That's one thing that I really dislike about Directv. I want to upgrade my HD Receiver to there new DVR HD Receiver, but they never offer any discounts or deals for people that are already customers. I am not ready to go and drop $300 on a new receiver. Why can't I get a specials on channel packages, discounts on pay-per-views, and/or deals on equipment?

P

PiPod

Banned
I agree about directv, but... i just got my superfan hooked up... and actually everything went really smoothly and they didn't cut me a deal, but I'm okay with it. As long as everything works!

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
PiPod said:
Hey does anyone have the superfan package from Directv? Now that I have my 67” DLP TV set up with HDTV I’m thinking watching games in HD should be happening. So far I’ve only used it for gaming, just bought an HD receiver. Saw this site: www.heybuttercup.com wanted to know what “up to 9 games in HD every Sunday” means realistically.
Of the 1EST & 4EST games on sunday, roughly 9 games are in HD every week and you'll be able to watch all of them. Without sunday ticket, you'll only have one game choice during one time slot, and 2 for the other timeslot, and they may or may not be one of the HD broadcast games. With sunday ticket........ You can watch them ALL, and roughly 9 of them will be in HD. Whether it be the early game, or the 4pm game, you'll have 4-5 HD games to choose from during each time slot. I have been a sunday ticket subscriber for several years, and got a lot of enjoyment from the service. I canceled it this year, but only to give myself an excuse to play more fall golf. :D

Sunday ticket is a must if you live out of market of your favorite team, or if you're a channel surfing NFL fan like myself. How many times have you been watching sunday football, only to find the single 1 or 2 games being broadcast in your market to be boring as hell?

If you're a NFL junky or if you live out of market, it's a must service!!

PS.... the only games Blacked-out by Sunday Ticket are those already being broadcast on your local channels.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
HDTV and the NFL are truly a marriage made in heaven.

I am curious, do the cutie sideline reporters annoy others as much as me by interfering with the flow of watching the game while they report on the bleedin' obvious? Same thing for celebrities in the booth promoting their TV shows or what have you.

Except for Suzy. Suzy gets a get out of jail free card from me because I am a sucker for her kind of cute.

Nick

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
Buckeye_Nut said:
PS... I do not care for Andrea Kremer who does the Sunday night NBC game. Get somebody younger!!
I agree with that, but I would rather see Madden go before anyone else.

I think CBS does the best job out of any local HD broadcast. There menus, sound effects, and picture are wonderfull! Too bad my Packers are always on FOX :( The ROBOT is so stupid!

Last edited:
D

DNelms

Enthusiast
drunkmunk said:
I agree. Too bad they did not get the entire ABC Monday night crew. The picture and sound quality is not as good as last year's ABC production.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis