A

abjonesiii

Audioholic
By the way Nezff those are monsters keep thanks for sharing and keep us updated.

B

bigdady1955

Enthusiast
Great Job! I too am a huge Klipsch fan. I don't listen to music only movies, and for them I love the in-your-face sound the Klipsch provide. Well done!

nezff

nezff

Junior Audioholic
Ok guys, for everyone that has stayed with this thread:

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Very nice NezFF!!

Finally huh?...so now we see how great they LOOK but we are greedy & want to know what you think of their sound? I know they need to break-in for sure but when they do we have come to expect a full report....double spaced!! :) haha

Good job NezFF!!! CONGRADULATION!!!

nezff

nezff

Junior Audioholic
For some reason I cant edit my first post, so I will post the newest pics here first

Mitsubishi 3D WD-73738
Onkyo PR-SC5508
Emotiva XPA-5
eD[c]12 Custom Mains
eD[c]12 Custom Center
eD[c]12 Custom Surrounds
Elemental Designs DUAL A7-450 Subs
Sony BDP-S580
PS3 (250GB)
Xbox Elite (250GB)

nezff

nezff

Junior Audioholic

My Interconnects

Onkyo 5508 Power Cord

XPA-5 Power Cord
[/CENTER]

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Very cool , looks really awesome!!! Not sure I like the surround placement but I bet it sounds incredible. I like that center!!!! Matching speakers all around was probably the best choice you could have made....wish I liked close to you so I could hear that monster of a system!! :)

2 thumbs up!! Way up!!

nezff

nezff

Junior Audioholic
Very cool , looks really awesome!!! Not sure I like the surround placement but I bet it sounds incredible. I like that center!!!! Matching speakers all around was probably the best choice you could have made....wish I liked close to you so I could hear that monster of a system!! :)

2 thumbs up!! Way up!!
Where would you have put the surrounds? Considering they are direct firing speakers, and are used as surrounds, which usually are placed facing the listener.

M

miniSQ

Junior Audioholic
i would explore the option of mounting the surrounds in the wall, rotated 90" behind one of the sound panels.:D

Probably not practical...but thats the car audio guy in me...i hate seeing speakers.

nezff

nezff

Junior Audioholic
LOL. Thanks, but thats completely out of the question. For the last week or so, I have been playing around with another option.

Four seats in the front, then the surrounds a tad bit behind the seating on the left and right walls, basically where they are, but further back and angled toward the MLP.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
I think I would try placing the surrounds back behind the seating area & Todd in towards the center of the room a bit. I personally do not like a speaker right next to me blaring in my ear. I like them behind me & creating a larger rear stage. This will also allow the sound to "bloom" & "spread out" before it hits your ears. Otherwise I'd be looking to my left or right everytime an effect happens thinking, "yep theres the speaker!"

So that's just my small, polite 2cents Nezff!! You've got a really wonderful theater.

Ever think about getting into vinyl? I bet that room would be angreat place to relax & listen to some analog!!

nezff

nezff

Junior Audioholic
I think I would try placing the surrounds back behind the seating area & Todd in towards the center of the room a bit. I personally do not like a speaker right next to me blaring in my ear. I like them behind me & creating a larger rear stage. This will also allow the sound to "bloom" & "spread out" before it hits your ears. Otherwise I'd be looking to my left or right everytime an effect happens thinking, "yep theres the speaker!"

So that's just my small, polite 2cents Nezff!! You've got a really wonderful theater.

Ever think about getting into vinyl? I bet that room would be angreat place to relax & listen to some analog!!

I actually used to have it that way. I might still do that which then allows me to run four seats up front.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis