K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
As of right now I have 3 Definitive Technology SM55 Bookshelf speakers for my center, left and right. Definitive Technology SR9040 surround and Pro Monitor 1000s for my top middle speakers. I have a Denon X1400H Receiver. For the Sub I have a HSU VTF3-MK5. I was just wondering what you guys would choose to upgrade first. I know the Sub does not need to be upgraded next. I was thinking it would be the Center channel or the Receiver. I don't know how much of a change I would notice with the receiver upgrade though.
Please let me know any ideas you have and thanks for any help!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What is a top middle speaker? Sounds like your next upgrade could be as easy as just getting rid of something like that.

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
What is a top middle speaker? Sounds like your next upgrade could be as easy as just getting rid of something like that.
I probably should have called them height speakers. They are labeled top middle when doing calibrations based on where they are located.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Speakers generally would be a better way to go than the avr for sound improvements....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I probably should have called them height speakers. They are labeled top middle when doing calibrations based on where they are located.
OK, I thought you were referring to some kind of secondary center speaker which would be a bad idea.

I wouldn't upgrade the center without upgrading the entire front-stage speakers. Your present center speaker is a perfect match for your left and rights, so don't change that unless you change them all.

If the receiver is giving you all the dynamic range that you need and has all the features you want, there is no sense in upgrading that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You sure it's not just a case of "upgraditits"? :) What is it you're trying to improve?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As of right now I have 3 Definitive Technology SM55 Bookshelf speakers for my center, left and right. Definitive Technology SR9040 surround and Pro Monitor 1000s for my top middle speakers. I have a Denon X1400H Receiver. For the Sub I have a HSU VTF3-MK5. I was just wondering what you guys would choose to upgrade first. I know the Sub does not need to be upgraded next. I was thinking it would be the Center channel or the Receiver. I don't know how much of a change I would notice with the receiver upgrade though.
Please let me know any ideas you have and thanks for any help!
I would just start saving money - put it into a “HT Fund”. Plan the entire audio system. Then once the funds are there, upgrade the entire system.

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
You sure it's not just a case of "upgraditits"? :) What is it you're trying to improve?
Honestly, just want to see what other people would upgrade if they were going to. No real plans at this moment. Just like to learn more about what can be made better!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis