Newbie who needs a receiver

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
One more thing to be leary of. The bigger your room the harder it is for smaller speakers to properly fill it with sound. Cathedral ceilings are usually the death knell for a setup like the Radius series. I'd really suggest you look into the M & K's like Buckeye said. Maybe some Def techs as well. You want some little guys that can really pump out the SPL's and those are two companies that can do that. That Yamaha 4600 looks like it's going to be a killer. More connectivity and features than just about anything out there and priced much less than its competition. As for the sub one thing you need to know since you're looking for small speakers, the SVS subs are absolute monsters. One of the posters to this site (Superman) had a picture of his new SVS next to his old 12" Infinity sub. To put the size difference in perspective you could say that there is no doubt about who gets the top bunk if you know what I mean.Here's a link to some pics to put it in perspective SVS sub vs. Infinity . The HSU is smaller, but it's still a mamoth compared to what you might be used to. There are good reasons for the subs to be that big, but just in case you can't get away with one of these monsters in the TV room I just figured I'd give you another suggestion. It is more expensive but that is due to the fact that they crammed the performance of a monster sub into a small cube.Paradigm seismic series. Warning though, the MSRP for the 12" is around $1600, but you can get it for a little less. You really have to pay to keep it small with subs. You can get a 125lb monster from SVS that will beat every spec of the Paradigm delivered to your door for around $1000. But I guarantee you that you will not be able to hide that SVS anywhere.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis