Rex

Rex

Audioholic
I have the Yammie RX-1400 Receiver. I have 5 speakers hooked up, but I was wondering how the multichannel output works.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
It is for the multi-channel input from another source such as a dvd player which utalizes multi-channel output for dvd-a and SACD. If you look on the back of the receiver, you will see the six multi-channel inputs.

Rex

Rex

Audioholic
zumbo said:
It is for the multi-channel input from another source such as a dvd player which utalizes multi-channel output for dvd-a and SACD. If you look on the back of the receiver, you will see the six multi-channel inputs.
I dont have a player that will play DVD-A or SACD, so if I get one, you would have to make 6 connections from the player to the receiver?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes. For the dvd-a or SACD to work as it was intended. But, for movies & cd you don't have to use these connections. I only use one cable on my unit for that. Optical (toslink).

Rex

Rex

Audioholic
zumbo said:
Yes. For the dvd-a or SACD to work as it was intended. But, for movies & cd you don't have to use these connections. I only use one cable on my unit for that. Optical (toslink).
Or if you have the most updated units, HDMI or DVI which I dont.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis