Newbie looking for some advice on hardware

K

kdoughty

Audiophyte
Hello all. I'm new to the forum and want to thank everyone in advance for any help they can give me.

I'm starting from scratch.. all I have is a 32" sylvania lcd. I'm looking to have a decent system within a month or two.

What I'm looking for is:

1.) A set of outdoor speakers for my deck
2.) A set of surround sound speakers for my living room
3.) A receiver

Now this may or may not be the tricky part.. I'm not sure... but I would like the ability to simultaneously tune say... an FM radio station or CD on my deck while watching TV in the living room.. or put the FM station/CD on outside and in the living room.

I don't know if that is possible, perhaps I need two receivers? I would imagine there would be something that would allow two outputs from different sources at the same time.

Again, thanks for any help and any suggestions on what hardware to buy for the above items!

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
A multizone surround sound receiver will allow for what you want to do. Many have powering options for a second zone. Post a budget and others will chime in.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I'm trying to keep it under $800
A new powered 2 zone avr will run you between 4-5 hundred dollars. I would recommend (if you want to use the second zone right away) Up your budget a bit and do a 2.1 system to start in the main room and pick up an inexpensive pair of outdoor speakers(ie this) Its better to start 2.1 with better speakers the 5.1 with crappy speakers. Speakers in theory should be 2/3 of your budget :)

M

mke1078

Audioholic Intern
Thats a tight budget for alot of stuff. Are you opposed to previoulsy loved merchandise?

M

mke1078

Audioholic Intern
Nice job, seems to be 140 under budget. Are you a proponent of a "phantom" center and no sub?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis