• Need Help finishing HT. sofare have H/K 7300, 7.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nEED dvd and speakers. Have H/K 7300 and $2600 left in budget

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
P

pdt1212

Audiophyte
Hello to all. I just recently pulled the trigger on the H/K mostly due to the great reviews I have read on this forum over the last year. I thank all for your time and patients with guys such as myself.

I am looking to finish my HT now. I paid $918 on ebay for the H/K 7300 which I felt was a pretty good deal considering I bought it Factory Refurbished, from the factory.
I am looking at the SVS PB12 ISD Sub or the VTF 2MK2. and THATS WHERE i AM AT NOW. I live in an apartment and will be here at least to more years. I have been looking at the orbs which appear to be a quility knock off of the Gallagers for my satellits.? However, I love music and want my cake and eat it to (fULL rANGE) if that's possible on my budget... I have $2000 for for all speakers/including center (except bass, as I think my choice's here are comfortable, unless, suggestions welcome). And a quility DVD. Suggestions on wireing would be apreciated as well... Thank You.. Pete...

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
The DVD player is part of that $2K?

My suggestion is to look at the internet direct brands. Ascend Acoustics, Axiom, AV123, Aperion.

My suggestion:

4 x Ascend Acoustics CBM-170
1 x Ascend Acoustics CMT-340c
Hsu VTF-3MK2 sub

According to the Ascend Acoustics site - $1646 delivered.

Get the VTF-2MK2 and it is $1421, and then use the rest to get a nice Denon 2910 universal player. I think you will be all set!

Spend the rest on cables, music, and movies.

Do your research, get out and listen, know your preferences, and enjoy the process.

edit: just re-read your post. Heck, get CMT-340's all the way around.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
pdt1212 said:
Hello to all. I just recently pulled the trigger on the H/K mostly due to the great reviews I have read on this forum over the last year. I thank all for your time and patients with guys such as myself.

I am looking to finish my HT now. I paid $918 on ebay for the H/K 7300 which I felt was a pretty good deal considering I bought it Factory Refurbished, from the factory.
I am looking at the SVS PB12 ISD Sub or the VTF 2MK2. and THATS WHERE i AM AT NOW. I live in an apartment and will be here at least to more years. I have been looking at the orbs which appear to be a quility knock off of the Gallagers for my satellits.? However, I love music and want my cake and eat it to (fULL rANGE) if that's possible on my budget... I have $2000 for for all speakers/including center (except bass, as I think my choice's here are comfortable, unless, suggestions welcome). And a quility DVD. Suggestions on wireing would be apreciated as well... Thank You.. Pete...
Nice purchase, and what a steal! There's still one 7300 and one 7200 on auction that someone should jump on if they have $1000 to spend.

The HK's are very smooth. You can actually go with a bright speaker (aluminum dome or horn tweeter) and still be safe with sound. What do you prefer - something a little more "in your face" or "laid back?" You can actually buy speakers that are "too flat," and coupled with an HK, will sound absolutely dead if your room is heavily carpeted with window treatments, etc... At that point, you may need a digital eq if the internal eq doesn't liven up the room.

How much space do you have for speakers? Are you limited to bookshelves, or can you fit towers? You have a massive amount of power, so towers would work for two channel music. It's not necessary though based on the subs you are considering. Just make sure you get speakers with the ability to reproduce the midrange and highs. So many bookshelf speakers lack that mid bass that fills the void with a great sub and 5.25" drivers.

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
Buckeye brings up a very good point. Know your room.

Room acoustics will affect the sound much more than the HK 7300 will. IMO, the "deader" the room, the better.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis