[New York] RBH 1010-SEN Dual 10" Ported Subwoofer + RBH SAM-200 power amp

R

Richard Berg

Audioholic Intern
Detailed specs:
https://rbhsound.com/1010sen.php
https://rbhsound.com/sa200.php

TLDR: Sub is razor flat down to 24Hz, plus usable extension below the port frequency. Amp does 200W RMS continuous without breaking a sweat, has a quite flexible crossover, is highly damped.

I'd put condition at 7/10. All cosmetic, not functional: some scratches have accumulated over the years, and one of the drivers on the subwoofer is starting to lose its foam cover. (The actual rubber gaskets around it are in great shape, no leakage.) That being said, the glossy finish is still very glossy when polished, and the system plays low notes beautifully.

Original MSRPs were about $1200 / $400 for the sub / amp...

Asking $400 OBO for both. If local NYC pickup isn't an option, shipping weight will be around 100lb combined, likely in separate packages. If you want to purchase just the sub (or amp) separately, make an offer.

DSC_0562.JPG DSC_0563.JPG DSC_0564.JPG DSC_0565.JPG

R

Richard Berg

Audioholic Intern
(can't edit the OP??)

Price dropped to $300.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That is a good price on nice equipment!
I think the biggest issue here is most of us have "bigger, badder" subs or live too far away to buy this.
However, this really looks like a good item for Craigslist since shipping cost is such a factor.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The 1010s are really nice, especially for $300. :D

I have five SX-T2/R in my HT room, which means I have 5 of the 1010s in my 22' x26' x 14' HT room.

I think it would sell faster if these 1010s came with the upper T1 cabinets (for more money) to make a whole tower speaker.

The T30 had the 1010R for the bass portion of the tower:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The 1010s are really nice, especially for $300. :D

I have five SX-T2/R in my HT room, which means I have 5 of the 1010s in my 22' x26' x 14' HT room.

I think it would sell faster if these 1010s came with the upper T1 cabinets (for more money) to make a whole tower speaker.

The T30 had the 1010R for the bass portion of the tower:

I wish that would work in my attic. I want another of what I already have up there.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wish that would work in my attic. I want another of what I already have up there.
IOW, if he were selling dual SI-1010 for $300, you would be all over them? :D

Well, these 1010-SEN are a lot thicker in depth, but they weigh about the same (68-69 LB).

I think the 1010-SEN will produce more bass than the SI-1010. :D

You would definitely need a handyman to rig something up in the attic to install these. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
New York, huh? I need subs and amps ... can you take a close up of the foam/rubber issue?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@AcuDefTechGuy I do have the matching T-1 mains, but I plan to keep them for now :)
So you have the T2 towers (T1 + 1010), but you just want to replace the 1010-portion.

I have five of the SX-T2/R towers for my HT room. Love the T2s.

You should just keep the whole T2 system.

$300 for dual 1010 subs + sub amp is a good deal for local person.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
@Alex2507 will take more photos of the 10" driver housings and get back to you!
I took a better look at the pic's and now understand what you meant. No need for more pics.

I'm in RI. I don't know what I'm going to tell SWIMBO but I'm driving out to NYC unless you meet me half way or something.

This weekend is Easter and my girl's bday and I probably have to work Sat..

Maybe we can make this happen next weekend. Please consider the sub and amp as sold.

R

Richard Berg

Audioholic Intern
@AcuDefTechGuy it's just one sub, to be clear. ("Dual" refers to the # of drivers.) I upgraded to a pair of Rhythmik L22s. My T-1s sit on stools, rather than on top of the sub(s), which would aim them too high and not be as good for LFE phase adjustment.

@Alex2507 Sounds good! I don't own a car, so I don't mind waiting for a weekend where you have enough time to drive in yourself.

You can see a zoomed-in view of the driver surrounds here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AorpdCZInFQfkZt_89p0udGv2Ttnvw

(just click View Original -- it's the same photo as above, but in full 6K glory -- not squished down to a web-sized forum attachment)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The GPS says 3:12 for the trip. If I leave at 3, that puts me there just after 6. That's the plan. Turned out that there is work today so the plan for tomorrow is now carved in stone. I'm pretty sure I use to think people like me were ridiculous: driving around, buying things.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis