New UHD Blu-ray Company Reavon Slated to be Next OPPO?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
A new French company called Reavon is developing a pair of conspicuously Oppo-like Blu-ray players. The UBR-X100 (€800) and UBR-X200 (€1,600) are slated to arrive in Europe soon, but US pricing and availability are still unknown. Like Oppo’s defunct but beloved players, the Reavon players use an SoC (System on Chip) from MediaTek for video processing. The UBR-X100 is a digital-only transport, while the UBR-X200 features audiophile-quality DACs from Burr-Brown. DO they offer the same feature set and performance of its OPPO predecessors?

reavon.jpg

Read: Reavon Slated to be NEXT OPPO with NEW UHD Blu-ray Players

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Lets hope they are better in Reliability than what's on the market now.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The prices given by the French company most likely includes a value added tax of 20% and that should be taken into account when comparing to US prices.

B

bonnermartin

Audiophyte
I have been an Oppo supporter for many years and have two UDP-203. I was very disappointed when Oppo stopped developing and making high-end players. Hopefully Reavon, will be a worthy replacement for the Oppo UDP-203.
I particularly love the zoom feature in the Oppo UDP-203 as it beautifully zooms old movies filmed in 4 to 3 ratio into 16 to 9 for our 77inch OLED TV. An excellent example of this in the latest Blu-ray releases of "Show Boat" and "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"
I do hope the Reavon includes the same excellent zoom features as featured in the Oppo UDP-203.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
if somebody wants to give me 6k for my 205 I'll package it up and ship it ASAP !!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@Trebdp83 Told you Gene has a cents of humor. :D. @gene You believe you'll get one? Sure would like to find a 4K player that is reliable. Every Sony X700, I've had tried about 5 of them Froze up on disc or streaming. New disc. Now on just blu-ray or dvd not one issue freezing up old or new disc. Tried LG 4K player two of them same thing happens. Those low end player about $200 to $300 seem to do the same. I have read reviews on Crutchfield that even the Panasonic $1K and up has had the same issues but not near as bad as the low-end 4K player's. What's you thoughts on those issues with Freezing up during playback with 4K disc snd steaming?

D

dmoeller17

Audiophyte
@Trebdp83 Told you Gene has a cents of humor. :D. @gene You believe you'll get one? Sure would like to find a 4K player that is reliable. Every Sony X700, I've had tried about 5 of them Froze up on disc or streaming. New disc. Now on just blu-ray or dvd not one issue freezing up old or new disc. Tried LG 4K player two of them same thing happens. Those low end player about $200 to $300 seem to do the same. I have read reviews on Crutchfield that even the Panasonic $1K and up has had the same issues but not near as bad as the low-end 4K player's. What's you thoughts on those issues with Freezing up during playback with 4K disc snd steaming?
check out the Sony UBP-X800M2 mine is fine on everything so far

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
I'm surprised that the article doesn't mention that a superior player to the oppo is already available - The Panasonic 9000. I think its moronic that people are paying almost $2000 for a used oppo when you can get a new Panasonic 9000

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm surprised that the article doesn't mention that a superior player to the oppo is already available - The Panasonic 9000. I think its moronic that people are paying almost $2000 for a used oppo when you can get a new Panasonic 9000
Too bad it doesn't play SACD or DVD-Audio discs, tho....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
For some, it comes down to dollars and cents. Just a few years ago, I wanted to replace my aging OPPO. Still wanted DVD-AUDIO and SACD capability and went with the Sony UBP-X800. It does what I need it to do without breaking the bank.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
For some, it comes down to dollars and cents. Just a few years ago, I wanted to replace my aging OPPO. Still wanted DVD-AUDIO and SACD capability and went with the Sony UBP-X800. It does what I need it to do without breaking the bank.
I have the same 4k player but I didn't have Dolby Vision but now I do and wish I had a player with Dolby Vision. Great 4k player though either way.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis