New tv - old receiver

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Still dont know why I can listen to tv through surround sound then switch inputs to watch smart tv through dvd player but when I switch back to tv I have no surround sound (sound)
When I unplug the hdmi cable from behind the tv (and plug back in) I get the sound back.

If I unplug the hdmi cable from behind the receiver that does not get the sound back

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Can you list all your gear and how its connected? When some people say TV they mean Satelite or cable. Some mean OTA, some mean smart tv apps.

B

Bk124tt

Enthusiast
Can you list all your gear and how its connected? When some people say TV they mean Satelite or cable. Some mean OTA, some mean smart tv apps.
Samsung smart tv
Cablevision cable box
Samsung smart dvd
Yamaha receiver

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Samsung smart tv
Cablevision cable box
Samsung smart dvd
Yamaha receiver

Ok we know what model of the Yamaha is, can you share the rest? It helps if we have to read the manual. When posting a problem be as descriptive as possible. If we assume things we are not being very beneficial.

For your question the model of the dvd and tv and how they are connected to the Yamaha.

S

SMc

Enthusiast
Any solutions to keeping my sony da4es receiver and being able to hook my surround sound up to TV and smart TV?
Connect everything (cable box, disc player, etc) to the tv, then use its optical output with your old receiver. You may need to set the tv to PCM output.

You could try cheap HDMI extractors (HDMI in, optical out) but I don't know how well they work. There's also the Essence Evolve II-4k which can do optical or even analog out. Again, I have no experience with that product but it's worth investigating.

Good luck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis