CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
My father fronted me an “advance” on an inheritance from another relative. Back in January, my wife received a settlement from a car accident from 3 years ago, and we used that to pay off our credit cards, and a few loans, which left this money for…fun. So, I decided it was time for some new toys.

First was a Savage Mark II BV .22 rifle & 3-9x32 scope. Yes, it’s a gun and not a “toy”, but I am only using it for target shooting. I’m no hunter (not that I could get anything larger than a rabbit with it anyway) I just like “plinking”. There’s a watermelon in my kitchen that no one has cut into, and I think it may be going bad… ;)

Next up was an upgrade for my camera outfit. I had been using a Canon Rebel XT for years, but decided I wanted more resolution. I checked out the new T1i, but I would have been paying extra $ for video features I would never use. So, I opted for the 12MP Rebel Xsi. Really nice camera with tons of adjustability & tweaks. I thought about going with a Nikon, but I already had a good amount of $ in Canon lenses & a flash. I wanted to get just the camera body, but I could only find it as a “kit” with a 18-55 IS lens. I got the kit on sale at BB for $700. The body without lens is $650. Right away I put up the kit lens for sale on eBay, figuring if I got $50 for it, I would break even. As I write this, the bidding is already up to $111.00, so in a sense, I made money doing it this way. :D

I also got an Alpine car radio/CD player that accepts a USB thumb drive, which I use with a 16gb thumb drive with all the songs I would want to listen to while driving on it. Very nice :cool:

I also got…well, you’ll have to see in the “Loudspeaker” section.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Cool stuff man.

It is funny I grew up hunting and shooting but have not picked up a gun in like 10 years. I did really enjoy target shooting so that looks like a very nice set up.

So where is the loudspeaker post?:D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Very nice, I always love getting new toys. Way to go getting a new rifle, and alpine cd player. The pics are blocked from my work, what model Alpine did you get? The CDA-9886? This post makes me want to take out my 10/22 and do some plinking... I have about $900 into it and don't shoot it near enough, it's one sweet shooter too.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Excellent, Craig! Do you have the Alpine installed, yet? I've thought about getting one of those for years.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
My father fronted me an “advance” on an inheritance from another relative. Back in January, my wife received a settlement from a car accident from 3 years ago, and we used that to pay off our credit cards, and a few loans, which left this money for…fun. So, I decided it was time for some new toys.

First was a Savage Mark II BV .22 rifle & 3-9x32 scope. Yes, it’s a gun and not a “toy”, but I am only using it for target shooting. I’m no hunter (not that I could get anything larger than a rabbit with it anyway) I just like “plinking”. There’s a watermelon in my kitchen that no one has cut into, and I think it may be going bad… ;)

Next up was an upgrade for my camera outfit. I had been using a Canon Rebel XT for years, but decided I wanted more resolution. I checked out the new T1i, but I would have been paying extra $ for video features I would never use. So, I opted for the 12MP Rebel Xsi. Really nice camera with tons of adjustability & tweaks. I thought about going with a Nikon, but I already had a good amount of $ in Canon lenses & a flash. I wanted to get just the camera body, but I could only find it as a “kit” with a 18-55 IS lens. I got the kit on sale at BB for $700. The body without lens is $650. Right away I put up the kit lens for sale on eBay, figuring if I got $50 for it, I would break even. As I write this, the bidding is already up to $111.00, so in a sense, I made money doing it this way. :D

I also got an Alpine car radio/CD player that accepts a USB thumb drive, which I use with a 16gb thumb drive with all the songs I would want to listen to while driving on it. Very nice :cool:

I also got…well, you’ll have to see in the “Loudspeaker” section.

very nice new toys :)

I have a digital rebel xt,I have the basic 18-55mm lens,if you ever want to get rid of any lenses,let me know.

again,nice toys !

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
No Bose ya poopy-head :p, the post is there now.

Adam, it’s a CDE-102 and is installed. I’ve always liked Alpine, I believe they use to be part of the company that made Luxman (some of my favorite SS audio equipment). Even at only 18 watts, I can still play through to my Focal 6x9’s loudly enough for me.

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
Hey way to go, that is another hobbie of mine to (buying stuff)
Nice looking gun and by the way Savage makes some very nice guns these days and are known to be very accurate.
I also have a Canon mine is the 20D though and i really like it but you have already had Canon so you know that they are very nice. Ok i will quit rambiling but congrats!

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I have the XT as well and I would love to upgrade the body, but it's not worth me putting the money into it at the moment, lenses and flash come first :D

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I have the xsi as well, I love it! I got the 50mm 1.8 lens for Christmas, and it hasn't come off the camera yet. Amazing lens for the $80 price. I am saving now for the lens I really want... the 70-200 mm f2.8 IS lens. BUT, it is $1600 so it might be a while.

Congrats on the new toys, and enjoy! :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis