Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
I bought it today and it's on it's second spin. I must admit I have mixed feelings about the new album. To wait sooooo long, I am a bit disappointed. But, don't get me wrong, it's a good album. Just not on par with their previous releases. I expected more. I expected to be blown away into the "Tool Bliss" like I was before.

There are a lot of very powerful moments on this album but the soundscapes and instrumental tracks are just toooo long in most cases. I get why this material is there and I like it, but it's too much.

Anyway, just a few initial thoughts. I still need to let it sink in with me.

Overall, a good album if your a TOOL fan. It just is not...........Great.

Shinerman.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Going to pick it up tonight. I saw APC last year and thought they put on a great show.

If you like Godsmack, check out the new album that came out last week. A couple of really good tracks, the rest is just OK.

O

outsider

Audioholic
I've listened to it once so far and I'm with you, Shinerman.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about it though.

It'll take a few spins before I can pass judgement.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I found with some of the other albums that there were songs I didn't like at first, but after a few listens I ended up enjoying them as much as the ones I liked on the first spin. Nine Inch Nails With Teeth was sort of that way too. It was a long time coming and it was different, but it grew on me quickly. So far, I like this album (sure felt like 10,000 days). As always, it has an excellent 2ch mix. Different, maybe a little mellower? 1-2 listens aren't enough to get a good feel for most albums, especially a highly anticipated one.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I bought it on my way to work today. I really like track 1, 2, and 4 ATM. Havent had a lot of time to listen yet.

Very bassy in some songs.

(Note: Avatar and Signature :D)

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Can't wait to fire it up on my HT. I only listened to it on my 2ch rig last night and there's definitely some good bass on a few tracks. The more I listen, the more I like it. It does thave a bit of Lateralus feel to it, which is fine by me. It is a bit more laid back than I was expecting.

Q

quicksilver

Enthusiast
I am a fairly new tool fan. Listened to some singles like Sober, Svhism etc before but decided to buy this album. I put it on as background listening when I was playing poker online the other night. Just using my computer setup (5.1). I really enjoy it. I think my favorite song is "The Pot" maybe cause it takes me back to my High school days not sure but I like the guitar and feel of the song. I agree it takes a few listens to get into the album. Would have been nice if they released this is Dual Disc format.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This is one band that definitely should be putting stuff out in hires and multichannel!!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I think I'll just have to keep listening. I can think of several albums from other bands that I didn't like at first, but the more I listened, the more I liked it. I think this album is gonna be the same way.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sober was one of my favorite songs, but I wasn't sold on Undertow as a whole when I heard the whole album for the first time :) Now I'd call it a classic.

Anyone like Deftones? Have you heard the track The Passenger off White Pony that features MJH on it? Pretty good track.

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
I personally thinks its a great extension of Lateralus. Danny Carey is a monster on the album, some of the best drumming I've heard of late for a more mainstream hard rock/metal band. Naturally, being a bassist I can't deny Justin Chancellors great tone throughout the album. Adam I feel has came along ways in his guitar chops, definately standing out on the shredding front.

The 151 is flowing freely right now, and I just finished listening to the pathetique sonata although I just listened to 10,000 days prior, so take my words witha grain of salt.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis