D

daved

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am currently putting together my first HT system which will be used 60% for HT and 40% music. &nbsp;2-room capability is important to drive speakers outside so I am leaning towards the Denon AVR-1804 to go with my Panasonic 32&quot; HDTV. &nbsp;The size of the room is 30x24. &nbsp;I am new at this and would characterize the goal as building a value system. &nbsp;Therefore, I will be using my existing Boston Acoustics Micro 80 with sub and adding the CRC center. &nbsp;Would appreciate any view you may have on the following:

1) Denon 1804
2) Suggestions on brand/model of ceiling speakers for rear and dining room, plus 2 pair of outside wall-mounted speakers-would like to stay around a $100/pair, probably 8 ohm, 50 watt
3) Suggestions on a moderately priced amplifier to drive the 3 pair of stereo speakers. &nbsp;How much power do I need?
4) Suggestions on a speaker selector, looking at the Niles SPS-4
5) Thoughts on a replacement for my current Sharpe DVD/VCR
6) Thoughts on the Sony CDP-CX355 CD changer

Thanks in advance</font>

A

almostleo

Audiophyte
daved said:
<font color='#000000'>I am currently putting together my first HT system which will be used 60% for HT and 40% music. &nbsp;2-room capability is important to drive speakers outside so I am leaning towards the Denon AVR-1804 to go with my Panasonic 32&quot; HDTV. &nbsp;The size of the room is 30x24. &nbsp;I am new at this and would characterize the goal as building a value system. &nbsp;Therefore, I will be using my existing Boston Acoustics Micro 80 with sub and adding the CRC center. &nbsp;Would appreciate any view you may have on the following:

1) Denon 1804
2) Suggestions on brand/model of ceiling speakers for rear and dining room, plus 2 pair of outside wall-mounted speakers-would like to stay around a $100/pair, probably 8 ohm, 50 watt
3) Suggestions on a moderately priced amplifier to drive the 3 pair of stereo speakers. &nbsp;How much power do I need?
4) Suggestions on a speaker selector, looking at the Niles SPS-4
5) Thoughts on a replacement for my current Sharpe DVD/VCR
6) Thoughts on the Sony CDP-CX355 CD changer

Thanks in advance</font>
well according to me, I feel that Denon receivers in general seem to sound pretty artificial as compared to say a Yamaha. But thats just my opinion. Denon does make some very good receivers, I just like the tones emanating out of a mid to high end yammy. I really have no idea about built in speakers although someone else might have an opinion. As a boston acoustics fan, I would ask you to audition them. However, in wall speakers will not sound as good as regular speakers thanks to the lack of a cabinet.

A

almostleo

Audiophyte
PS.. get a changer that can do both DVD audio/SACD, DVD.. will save you money space and wiring. Hint the yamaha c750

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis