New SVS subs PB-1000 Pros !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Last week after months of debate with myself about upgrading my subs I Finley did . After researching all kinds of brands and sizes of new subs I pulled the trigger on these . Had many conversations with them about my room it size my whole setup I decided on the SVS pb-1000 pros . I read lots of reviews on here and other forms .

First of all my old jbl subs were close to 25 years old still worked but were sounding tired to me so there retired and need work on the amps and connections need replaced ( rca’s ) as they were acting up helped with my decision lol !
Now for the Pb-1000 pros I wanted night and day difference right out of the box these are outstanding subs . Easy to setup and interface with my speakers and avr only problem I had was on my first setup calibration I didn’t notice that they weren’t on lol and did the whole 8 point calibration only to see the subs were not recognized fixed that and ran again only to find that for some reason it was the best results I’ve ever got with YAPO in my rig .
Could it be just way better response across the sweeps or better quality subs with better mid bass and really deeper extension in the lower frequency’s my jbl towers are not lacking in mid bass and do play down Farley deed but this is a different cleaner powerful sound in my system that was never there with the old subs .
These subs are very well made not real heavy but not light either. These are capable of very deep powerful output with bass I never knew that was in any soundtrack I’ve tried . There very clean deep into your bones deep for lack of a better description.
SVS is great to work with very knowledgeable and really seem to want to help you get every penny out of what you bought and help get the most out of it .
Iam not a reviewer lol but my take is these are incredible subs , play deeper than anything I’ve herd with precision I’ve never had before .
These sound really good with music in two channel and just amazing with concerts on Blu-rays , scads and I was surprised at that . Movie soundtracks and tv shows now have bass you can feel are not here if that’s a thing . Two of these can seriously slam you back in your seat with authority. The biggest thing was my wife’s reaction to these when she noticed the difference I knew I did good she’s very impressed with this upgrade and she’s had good sound in our home for over 30 years lol !

These are winners in my setup and room and Iam sure they would be in about any room . Yea you can go bigger and more power too but I’d be hard pressed to say I’d need better with this setup I have .
The come with crazy control options with the app and I’ve yet to really play with the peq settings and room gain compensation and a few other settings these have but setup was a breeze easy and I’d say very accurate with our useing like rew measurements but I may give that a go too . I asked for port plugs and they sent them free of charge the next day .

Myself in my system I’d highly recommend these in a duel setup yea they make bigger and better form SVS and other companies but after useing these for a few days and playing with some settings in the avr I’d be hard pressed to say I made a bad choice in these I’d definitely buy again Iam not sure I’d go bigger not finding these lacking in any aspect . Iam very impressed with these they do exactly what they claim and way more .

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I told you they'd blow your balls off! :p That's awesome Mark!

This is exactly why I beat the "get a better sub" drum so often. I think a majority of the folks who come here for advice underestimate what truly good subwoofage can do for a system from top to bottom.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I told you they'd blow your balls off! :p That's awesome Mark!

This is exactly why I beat the "get a better sub" drum so often. I think a majority of the folks who come here for advice underestimate what truly good subwoofage can do for a system from top to bottom.
My man I did not even begin to understand the difference in how these would sound. This whole system just sounds completely different these put it over the top as fare as Iam concerned.
I’ve got to 100% agree on on what you say about the subs . From the very first play these set a new bench mark in my rig . Stunning is all I can say but the biggest notice was the clean mid bass and the very deep frequency’s that my old subs just couldn’t play they just seem to clean up the whole presentation in image up . Man there’s things in soundtracks I’ve never herd or felt in this system till now . Man these can hit hard and I think these will hit harder once I play with these settings awhile .

Thanks man I’m sincerely impressed with these !!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My man I did not even begin to understand the difference in how these would sound. This whole system just sounds completely different these put it over the top as fare as Iam concerned.
I’ve got to 100% agree on on what you say about the subs . From the very first play these set a new bench mark in my rig . Stunning is all I can say but the biggest notice was the clean mid bass and the very deep frequency’s that my old subs just couldn’t play they just seem to clean up the whole presentation in image up . Man there’s things in soundtracks I’ve never herd or felt in this system till now . Man these can hit hard and I think these will hit harder once I play with these settings awhile .

Thanks man I’m sincerely impressed with these !!
That was my experience too when I went from mediocre (not saying your subs were mediocre, but mine were) to appropriate subwoofage I couldn't believe how much better everything sounded. Not just the bass. It was almost like they cleaned up my speakers too! I know that's not quite what's happening, but I think it's the lack of distorted sub bass that makes the speakers sound cleaner.

I love seeing results like this because I'm a firm, FIRM believer in appropriate, legit subwoofage. I push it a lot and I feel like the majority of the time everyone thinks I'm just an insane bass head, lol.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I love seeing results like this because I'm a firm, FIRM believer in appropriate, legit subwoofage. I push it a lot and I feel like the majority of the time everyone thinks I'm just an insane bass head, lol.
Well, you are that too...

Glad you're enjoying the new subs Mark!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Welcome to the club Mark. I wonder if I can blend a ported sub with my sealed one? :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Welcome to the club Mark. I wonder if I can blend a ported sub with my sealed one? :D
Not really, but SVS do offer a trade up program. I think they will give you 100% credit toward a PB1000 Pro...

dastardlypastors.jpg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Last week after months of debate with myself about upgrading my subs I Finley did . After researching all kinds of brands and sizes of new subs I pulled the trigger on these . Had many conversations with them about my room it size my whole setup I decided on the SVS pb-1000 pros . I read lots of reviews on here and other forms .

First of all my old jbl subs were close to 25 years old still worked but were sounding tired to me so there retired and need work on the amps and connections need replaced ( rca’s ) as they were acting up helped with my decision lol !
Now for the Pb-1000 pros I wanted night and day difference right out of the box these are outstanding subs . Easy to setup and interface with my speakers and avr only problem I had was on my first setup calibration I didn’t notice that they weren’t on lol and did the whole 8 point calibration only to see the subs were not recognized fixed that and ran again only to find that for some reason it was the best results I’ve ever got with YAPO in my rig .
Could it be just way better response across the sweeps or better quality subs with better mid bass and really deeper extension in the lower frequency’s my jbl towers are not lacking in mid bass and do play down Farley deed but this is a different cleaner powerful sound in my system that was never there with the old subs .
These subs are very well made not real heavy but not light either. These are capable of very deep powerful output with bass I never knew that was in any soundtrack I’ve tried . There very clean deep into your bones deep for lack of a better description.
SVS is great to work with very knowledgeable and really seem to want to help you get every penny out of what you bought and help get the most out of it .
Iam not a reviewer lol but my take is these are incredible subs , play deeper than anything I’ve herd with precision I’ve never had before .
These sound really good with music in two channel and just amazing with concerts on Blu-rays , scads and I was surprised at that . Movie soundtracks and tv shows now have bass you can feel are not here if that’s a thing . Two of these can seriously slam you back in your seat with authority. The biggest thing was my wife’s reaction to these when she noticed the difference I knew I did good she’s very impressed with this upgrade and she’s had good sound in our home for over 30 years lol !

These are winners in my setup and room and Iam sure they would be in about any room . Yea you can go bigger and more power too but I’d be hard pressed to say I’d need better with this setup I have .
The come with crazy control options with the app and I’ve yet to really play with the peq settings and room gain compensation and a few other settings these have but setup was a breeze easy and I’d say very accurate with our useing like rew measurements but I may give that a go too . I asked for port plugs and they sent them free of charge the next day .

Myself in my system I’d highly recommend these in a duel setup yea they make bigger and better form SVS and other companies but after useing these for a few days and playing with some settings in the avr I’d be hard pressed to say I made a bad choice in these I’d definitely buy again Iam not sure I’d go bigger not finding these lacking in any aspect . Iam very impressed with these they do exactly what they claim and way more .
Congrats on your upgrade yeah once you get a taste of hearing good subs there is no going back man.

I wish the 1000 pro was out When I was buying subs for the bedroom I bought 2 pb 2000 pro but they are a Lil overkill in there those 1000 pro's would be perfect I think

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Congrats on your upgrade yeah once you get a taste of hearing good subs there is no going back man.

I wish the 1000 pro was out When I was buying subs for the bedroom I bought 2 pb 2000 pro but they are a Lil overkill in there those 1000 pro's would be perfect I think
Iam still stunned at the difference these make in this system Iam like where has all this been all these years . I will think long and hard about there trade up program and next spring give the 2000 pros a think if I feel it’s needed but I’ve got to be honest these two really kick ass all across the the board .

Thanks man !!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Well, you are that too...

Glad you're enjoying the new subs Mark!
@NINaudio thanks Iam really impressed with the subs and there customer support these guys really know there stuff and are very helpful with sujestions on getting the best output from these .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's so true. I wish there was a way to convey that to some of the guys who come on here with a 10" Klipsch subwoofer and wanna drop $2k on an amp upgrade. You get so much more from good, clean subwoofage. It's not about rattling the walls (unless you want to!) so much as it is clean, effortless bass. For all my subs my system is really pretty nicely balanced.

I think even music that doesn't necessarily play much below 30 - 40 hz benefits because there are still some harmonics that drop below that. I'd say it translates as more of a sense of spaciousness, weight and effortlessness. Once you experience it, there ain't no going back!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Can anybody explain how these just make my other speakers in this system just seen to completely transform the soundstage have I been missing this all this time lol !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Can anybody explain how these just make my other speakers in this system just seen to completely transform the soundstage have I been missing this all this time lol !
I have some theories, but someone here probably actually knows. I think it just comes down to cleaner bass and the way we perceive distortion at lower frequencies. It's not as obvious, but I think it's enough to mask some of the upper frequencies. Plus you're getting some deeper harmonics than before. I think that's the case with undersized or underpowered subs too. The more they struggle to fill a room the more they're gonna distort.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
It's so true. I wish there was a way to convey that to some of the guys who come on here with a 10" Klipsch subwoofer and wanna drop $2k on an amp upgrade. You get so much more from good, clean subwoofage. It's not about rattling the walls (unless you want to!) so much as it is clean, effortless bass. For all my subs my system is really pretty nicely balanced.

I think even music that doesn't necessarily play much below 30 - 40 hz benefits because there are still some harmonics that drop below that. I'd say it translates as more of a sense of spaciousness, weight and effortlessness. Once you experience it, there ain't no going back!
That is just what I couldn’t put into words to describe this change in this system it’s all just effortless seamless sound now . Even on calibration it just evened to whole setup out so much more if that makes any sense .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I have some theories, but someone here probably actually knows. I think it just comes down to cleaner bass and the way we perceive distortion at lower frequencies. It's not as obvious, but I think it's enough to mask some of the upper frequencies. Plus you're getting some deeper harmonics than before. I think that's the case with undersized or underpowered subs too. The more they struggle to fill a room the more they're gonna distort.
The gear head in me now wonders what those massive ultra 16’s can do ;-)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That is just what I couldn’t put into words to describe this change in this system it’s all just effortless seamless sound now . Even on calibration it just evened to whole setup out so much more if that makes any sense .
I'm tickled pink you're so happy! I give sub advice a lot and seeing folks come back amazed is a big part of why I do it. The warm fuzzies, you know? I know I didn't have anything to do with your decision this time, but I'm still happy for ya!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I'm tickled pink you're so happy! I give sub advice a lot and seeing folks come back amazed is a big part of why I do it. The warm fuzzies, you know? I know I didn't have anything to do with your decision this time, but I'm still happy for ya!
We’ll you actually did after reading all these posts about good subs transforming the sound lol your now the No 1 sub seller in the forum lol !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis