New surround sound system

G

GrimZore

Enthusiast
Looking to upgrade to a new system was looking at this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJJCFWT but then found parts/express with dayton speakers never used any before so looking for help.

Should I get one of these instead and just get a Yamaha Home Theater Receiver to go with it?

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
If this is your only options I would choose the Dayton Audio set that best fits your room. I would recommend the 12” Dayton subwoofer with either one of the Dayton bundles. Either a .Yamaha or Denon receiver.

G

GrimZore

Enthusiast
Only things I know about very new to audio stuff got a budget about 800$ to 900$ you can suggest some that you think would be better mostly upgrading from a 300$ samsung surround sound bundle I got a few years back and just want to upgrade it.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
That’s a pretty tough budget. I don’t know if you can do much better in that price range than the Dayton options you’re looking at. Others will chime in and probably have a few more options for you to look at. What size is your room, and what is your listening habits?

G

GrimZore

Enthusiast
Don't really know the size of my living room but its quite big about two medium sized bedrooms put together and mostly playing games or listening to music on spotify while I read.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
All you need is plain ofc copper wire. Monoprice is a good place for inexpensive wire that is as good as any other ofc(oxygen free copper) wire. 14 ga should be plenty unless you have a long run.Banna plugs are optional but inexpensive and lots of people use them. I do too. Honestly you shouldn’t pay more than $50-60 for wire and plugs.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Most AVR’s have auto room correction. Yamaha has ypao. Denon uses Audyssey. Neither one is perfect and just depends on who you talk to about which one is better. I like Denon but Yamaha is a great company as well.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I’m not very familiar with the budget range products from either company. I’d say find one with the features you want and pick that one. Just make sure it has room correction with mic and a solid return policy in case of problems or if you don’t like it.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Since you’re only interested in 5.1 you should be able to find a nice unit within your budget. Check out Accessories 4 less. They have a good selection and you can compare features.

G

GrimZore

Enthusiast
Ok was looking on that site and ya found the receiver cheaper there sadly no speakers though so I was going to do this let me know what you think.

Could not find a Denon receiver around my price point that had good reviews on it.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I believe that should make for a nice sounding budget system. I believe it should be a pretty good upgrade over a sound bar that’s for sure.:)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Enjoy my Dayton Audio speakers. Be aware that banana plugs do not insert fully in some Dayton Audio jacks. I had similar banana plugs in my speakers and actually pushed a pair out of their sockets and onto the floor after some spirited listening. I recently purchased new speaker wire and left the banana plugs off. Double check, but I believe the T652’s have spring loaded speaker terminals that may not accept the banana plugs you posted above.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
You’re welcome. Also there are several well written and very informative articles on Audioholics about setup and speaker optimization. I would recommend them because they are meant to teach someone new how to get the best Sound out of your system. Speaker placement is very important.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis