New subs on the way !!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Just ordered two SVS PB- 1000 pros be here tomorrow hope these work out good deal on a duel setup from SVS . Had a couple informative conversations with them and they go out of there way to help hard to find that in today’s world. Anyhow Iam sure I’ll have a hundred questions about these on setup and the use of the app . My old jbl subs are still in use but sometimes you have to jiggle the rca’s to get them on and one of them likes to shock me when you grab a rca plug not bad but you can feel the juice a little lol these got to be better right !!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Woo hoo! New subs! SVS are awesome to work with. Once you get in their ecosystem it's hard to get out with their trade up program, trial period and tech support. I had a lengthy email with Ed Mullen where he looked at some of my sweeps and offered input. Great company.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Woo hoo! New subs! SVS are awesome to work with. Once you get in their ecosystem it's hard to get out with their trade up program, trial period and tech support. I had a lengthy email with Ed Mullen where he looked at some of my sweeps and offered input. Great company.
Agreed talked at length to a fella told him what mains I had he looked them up found the spec for them calculated my room size and assured me these would rock my room with much boom to spare . A definite upgrade I ask him if I’d need to go bigger he said not at all and if I had problems setting these up call anytime 25/7 . And ordered today be here tomorrow. He did recommend getting the isolation feet for my floor is a floating laminate and could cause unwanted vibration so the wife sprung for those too . I can’t wait to play with these !

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Awesome! I can't wait to hear what you think of the new PB 1000 Pro subs?
SVS is excellent value for the money. I have the old PB 1000 and recently bought the PB 2000 Pro working together. Sound is phenomenal. I am blown away every day by them.
Awesome choice on the subs, have a great time with them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Congrats. You might want to get rid of that rca cable that shocks ya?
Lol indeed I’ve got lots of spares I pulled the plate amp out and looked it over just old and dusty to my eye it shot a blue spark out about an inch before I even touched it that time it still works mabey I’ll just not touch it lol !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Awesome! I can't wait to hear what you think of the new PB 1000 Pro subs?
SVS is excellent value for the money. I have the old PB 1000 and recently bought the PB 2000 Pro working together. Sound is phenomenal. I am blown away every day by them.
Awesome choice on the subs, have a great time with them.
Thanks I had the Pb 2000’s in my sights but after talking with them and discussing my setup and room size they assured me these will definitely do the job . I got close to a 3800 sq ft to fill and the fella assured me these would shake the earth if need be and are very accurate way down . We’ll give a report in a few days .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks I had the Pb 2000’s in my sights but after talking with them and discussing my setup and room size they assured me these will definitely do the job . I got close to a 3800 sq ft to fill and the fella assured me these would shake the earth if need be and are very accurate way down . We’ll give a report in a few days .
Oh yeah you did very well and SVS does not and will not over sell you. Very honest company which is rare these days. RSL speakers is also very honest and will not sell you want to don't need. You got duals coming too! Man you are in for some treat! Prepare yourself for awesome.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh jeez. I just looked up specs on your current subs. The PB1000 Pros might just blow your balls off! I'm excited for you. It's always fun when my forum friends get new toys.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You might develop sub sickness like I have. It sounds so good you start seeking music with deep bass and hanging out in Shady's sub candy thread.

PS, linky.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You might develop sub sickness like I have. It sounds so good you start seeking music with deep bass and hanging out in Shady's sub candy thread.
Ooh good question. Give me a song or two to really put my subs to the test or something that will really, really sound good bass wise? We can all try them on our subs.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I mean, seriously. I think most of you guys know I'm a metalhead. Why then, is this in my rotation of music I listen to regularly?

It's a sickness! There was a time I wouldn't have given something like that a second glance!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I mean, seriously. I think most of you guys know I'm a metalhead. Why then, is this in my rotation of music I listen to regularly?

It's a sickness! There was a time I wouldn't have given something like that a second glance!
I'm a metalhead also and bass we do not do. I'll give this a listen.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ooh good question. Give me a song or two to really put my subs to the test or something that will really, really sound good bass wise? We can all try them on our subs.

Go hit Shady's thread. We still bump it fairly often. I edited a link to it in my post. Here's a good one I stumbled across recently to get your subs hopping.

It's not super deep like the last one, but it's strong and gives me a pretty good massage! I like to crank that one up. You know who else has good bass is Chevelle and to a lesser extent TOOL. Chevelle's first cd and "La Gargola" are my favorites and there's great bass all through both. They sneak in some deep bass drops throughout some of their songs too. Lots of fun to crank up and bump. I'm assuming by your AV tag you're a metalhead like me? "La Gargola" is one fuckin heavy cd. I love it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm a metalhead also and bass we do not do. I'll give this a listen.

That one has bass so deep you can't really hear it. You can kinda feel it tho. It's fun watching the drivers move too.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Oh jeez. I just looked up specs on your current subs. The PB1000 Pros might just blow your balls off! I'm excited for you. It's always fun when my forum friends get new toys.
Dude there old and by today’s standards kind of underpowered but they still have there moments lol the guy that I talked with looked them up and pretty much said a night and day difference once setup was done properly and if problems give him a call I like that in a company .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
That one has bass so deep you can't really hear it. You can kinda feel it tho. It's fun watching the drivers move too.
I’ve got a couple of the cure in concert and some very good Roger Waters concerts that got incredible deep bass that you can feel go threw your body lol Iam anticipating my wife going to her moms to get away lol !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You got me going. I'm listening to La Gargola right now, lol. I'm gonna just drop a few more songs for you to check out then I'll stop spamming your thread @Mark E. Long.

Also, I fairly recently discovered that Kill 'Em All has some decent bass! That surprised me, but then I realized I've never listened to it on a good system before, lol. Check out "No Remorse". You can really feel Cliff's bass right at the beginning during that sweet, sweet heavy riff that they open the song with.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

PS, linky.

Lol I’ve visited that thread !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Dude there old and by today’s standards kind of underpowered but they still have there moments lol the guy that I talked with looked them up and pretty much said a night and day difference once setup was done properly and if problems give him a call I like that in a company .
I know man. They were good subs for the day and I have no problem believing that they sound good. You're probably getting good extension too with room gain. Subs have come a long way tho and you're due for an update my friend! I think you made a great choice.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis