New Sub Recomendation

V

Vindi

Audiophyte
Can anyone recomend a good sub for $800 or less? My room size is 15 X 13 and I am running a Denon AVR 3806.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Was gonna say if you can squeeze a few more dollars the PB12-ISD/2 better choice overall.

600w RMS
Dual 12inTri-Port
16hz extension

Plus two 12in cones will move way more air then a single.

~Bob

V

Vindi

Audiophyte
What are the main differences between the boxes and cylinders?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Vindi said:
What are the main differences between the boxes and cylinders?
Boxes take up more floor space, but are also more attractive. I beleive, a 20Hz tune box will not play as loud as a 20Hz tune cylinder, but in your room, you will get 100dB's at any frequency you want ;)

SheepStar

S

scotty11

Junior Audioholic
The PB12/ISD2 is overkill in that size room.

Matt34

Matt34

Pre-order price is still in effective until Jan 15th due to the huge demand.

PREORDER PRICING (EXCLUDING SHIPPING COST) IS AS FOLLOWS, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:

HSU VTF-3HO: $799

Last edited by a moderator:
The13thGryphon

The13thGryphon

Audioholic
scotty11 said:
The PB12/ISD2 is overkill in that size room.
I would completely agree. That's too much sub for that size room. I know, I know, some folks believe you can never have too much sub. :rolleyes:

matt34 said:
The PB12/ISD2 is overkill in that size roomPre-order price is still in effective until Jan 15th due to the huge demand.

PREORDER PRICING (EXCLUDING SHIPPING COST) IS AS FOLLOWS, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:

HSU VTF-3HO: $799
The HSU VTF-3HO, or even the VTF-3 MkII (at $699) would be pleanty of sub for a 13' x 15' space.

I also think the SVS subs mentioned by zumbo would be fantiastic. I don't think you can go wrong with either SVS or HSU. Check the posts on this forum - and others - and you'll find a large number of happy owners of either of these two brands.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis