speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
How's your stomach now Mr. Phil? I hope a lot better. Yes, the medicine is an answered prayer as I told @Danzilla31 above. Hope your depression is better, also. Have a great day, my friend.
Ryan
Ryan, my stomach is a lot better. Other than it being too big......LOL!!!!! :p Sounds like you are on the right meds. Just make sure that you take it everyday. I have found it easier to take around the same time of day as well. No worries on my end. Just been a lazy cold day here. Bout ready for a nap......LOL!!! :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ryan, my stomach is a lot better. Other than it being too big......LOL!!!!! :p Sounds like you are on the right meds. Just make sure that you take it everyday. I have found it easier to take around the same time of day as well. No worries on my end. Just been a lazy cold day here. Bout ready for a nap......LOL!!! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Exactly what Phil said it's important to take it at the same time each day. This way it builds up to the right level in your blood and stays at that optimal level that helped me a lot with mine. You can usually take em an hour before or an hour after that set time but no later then that either way God bless my friends

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Exactly what Phil said it's important to take it at the same time each day. This way it builds up to the right level in your blood and stays at that optimal level that helped me a lot with mine. You can usually take em an hour before or an hour after that set time but no later then that either way God bless my friends
Hey guys,
Update on Celexa: the medication has SEVERELY declined in how it is working, depression was REALLY bad today, so much that I had to call a Suicide Lifeline to cheer me up, and my OCD has skyrocketed. It's NOT a nice way to end this day. I was hoping I could update well again today, but nope. My medicine was doing so well for a long while now, so that's why I didn't update for a while. But this week has really been a turning point for the medicine, and for the bad. Anyhow, I wish ya'll a Happy Early New Year, Mr. Dan @Danzilla31 and Mr. Phil @speakerman39 .
Thanks,
Ryan

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys,
Update on Celexa: the medication has SEVERELY declined in how it is working, depression was REALLY bad today, so much that I had to call a Suicide Lifeline to cheer me up, and my OCD has skyrocketed. It's NOT a nice way to end this day. I was hoping I could update well again today, but nope. My medicine was doing so well for a long while now, so that's why I didn't update for a while. But this week has really been a turning point for the medicine, and for the bad. Anyhow, I wish ya'll a Happy Early New Year, Mr. Dan @Danzilla31 and Mr. Phil @speakerman39 .
Thanks,
Ryan
Get a hold of your doctor immediately he needs to be aware of any changes in your stability and medication so he can make the right adjustments

Also stressors can trigger episodes even if a med has been working well this time of the year can be stressful for anyone be mindful if a lot has been going on these holidays it could be a factor.

God bless you my friend your in my prayers and please keep in touch

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey guys,
Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan, sometimes meds need to be adjusted depending on many factors. When we are stressed our body chemistry changes and can throw things out of balance. That is very common. Let your doctor know so that he can make some adjustments. There are times when trial-N-error is typical b/c we are all unique. In other words, there is no common cure. What works for me may not you and vice versa.

Speaking of OCD, I can relate 100%. That is, I guarantee that I have the cleanest hands of most you know AND the cleanest kitchen sinks. Can't stand it any other way. Depression is an ugly thing I have fought my entire life. That is why I take it one day at a time my friend. Even Jesus said, "Do not worry about tomorrow b/c today has enough worries of its own". When I am stressed I ask myself what do I need to do just to make it through the day. Then, I get up the next morning with a new start.

Always remember it is ALL in our minds. However, controlling our minds is much easier said than done. Happy New Year to you and yours Ryan. That also applies to everyone else here. GOD Bless!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Ryan, sometimes meds need to be adjusted depending on many factors. When we are stressed our body chemistry changes and can throw things out of balance. That is very common. Let your doctor know so that he can make some adjustments. There are times when trial-N-error is typical b/c we are all unique. In other words, there is no common cure. What works for me may not you and vice versa.

Speaking of OCD, I can relate 100%. That is, I guarantee that I have the cleanest hands of most you know AND the cleanest kitchen sinks. Can't stand it any other way. Depression is an ugly thing I have fought my entire life. That is why I take it one day at a time my friend. Even Jesus said, "Do not worry about tomorrow b/c today has enough worries of its own". When I am stressed I ask myself what do I need to do just to make it through the day. Then, I get up the next morning with a new start.

Always remember it is ALL in our minds. However, controlling our minds is much easier said than done. Happy New Year to you and yours Ryan. That also applies to everyone else here. GOD Bless!

Cheers,

Phil
Mr. Phil, such a nice quote you said there. My doctor said I had forgotten to take my Celexa that day, as my dad forgot to lay it out, and I forgot I didn't take it. Dad made sure I took it today, and I feel a WHOLE lot better! Over at my uncle's currently. It's rainy as it gets down here! No sunny days!
Thanks,
Ryan

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Mr. Phil, such a nice quote you said there. My doctor said I had forgotten to take my Celexa that day, as my dad forgot to lay it out, and I forgot I didn't take it. Dad made sure I took it today, and I feel a WHOLE lot better! Over at my uncle's currently. It's rainy as it gets down here! No sunny days!
Thanks,
Ryan

Good evening Ryan. It has been cloudy and gloomy here as well over the last few days. Bit of rain too. Heck, it is dark at 3:00 PM most of the time. Just remember no matter how bad things get, it NEVER rains forever. Sooner or later the Sun will shine again. I take great comfort in that very fact.

Always make sure that you take your meds every single day AND at the same time. It makes a BIG difference when you do. Glad to hear that you are feeling better now. BTW, I will take the clouds and rain over freezing cold and freezing rain any day of the week. Just saying...............;) The ONLY good thing about Winter is when it is over as far as I am concerned. :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks,
Ryan

It makes more then just a big difference. I work psych nursing and I can tell you skipping your antidepressants and mood stabilizers can literally be life and death

The reason is a phenomenon we call rebound. The brain adapts it's neurotransmitters and chemical level to get the most out of the med. It basically adjusts its chemical and physical structure on a neurological and synaptic level as it works with the medication to heal

If you skip doses or just stop taking it abruptly it puts those neurotransmitters and areas of the brain that have adapted into like a form of shock and they start to go haywire. This is called rebound syndrome and it can take time for the brain to readapt back to not using the med.

The timeframe of adjustment varies from individual to individual and while in that state of shock the individual is very vulnerable to huge mood swings changes in thinking recurrence of severe previous symptoms even on rare occasions psychotic breaks.

For example even if I wanted to come off of my lamotrigine which I don't it helps a lot. I would never do it cold turkey or skip doses. You would have to lower the dose slowly with the doctors guidance.

This is a serious overlooked issue please be careful my friend I have a timer on my cell phone and my watch that's set to the same time every day when it goes off I know to take my medicine. I recommend you do the same Ryan.

I've had patients commit suicide or relapse into complete regression due to stopping there meds improperly or not taking them consistently. Be very very careful with this my friend. God bless!

Your friend Dan

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
It makes more then just a big difference. I work psych nursing and I can tell you skipping your antidepressants and mood stabilizers can literally be life and death

The reason is a phenomenon we call rebound. The brain adapts it's neurotransmitters and chemical level to get the most out of the med. It basically adjusts its chemical and physical structure on a neurological and synaptic level as it works with the medication to heal

If you skip doses or just stop taking it abruptly it puts those neurotransmitters and areas of the brain that have adapted into like a form of shock and they start to go haywire. This is called rebound syndrome and it can take time for the brain to readapt back to not using the med.

The timeframe of adjustment varies from individual to individual and while in that state of shock the individual is very vulnerable to huge mood swings changes in thinking recurrence of severe previous symptoms even on rare occasions psychotic breaks.

For example even if I wanted to come off of my lamotrigine which I don't it helps a lot. I would never do it cold turkey or skip doses. You would have to lower the dose slowly with the doctors guidance.

This is a serious overlooked issue please be careful my friend I have a timer on my cell phone and my watch that's set to the same time every day when it goes off I know to take my medicine. I recommend you do the same Ryan.

I've had patients commit suicide or relapse into complete regression due to stopping there meds improperly or not taking them consistently. Be very very careful with this my friend. God bless!

Your friend Dan
Wow, thank you for typing such a long message Mr. Dan! Yes, of course not taking one tiny pill can cause a TERRIBLE reaction if you don't keep punctual. I've seen that happen with my friend's mother one time. She has bipolarism, which can be very bad if left untreated. Same thing with my OCD and depression, they're both similar disorders with similar effects if left untreated. It's prudent to stay punctual to stay on my medicine, as you said above.
Thank you for your time,
Your friend Ryan

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Good evening Ryan. It has been cloudy and gloomy here as well over the last few days. Bit of rain too. Heck, it is dark at 3:00 PM most of the time. Just remember no matter how bad things get, it NEVER rains forever. Sooner or later the Sun will shine again. I take great comfort in that very fact.

Always make sure that you take your meds every single day AND at the same time. It makes a BIG difference when you do. Glad to hear that you are feeling better now. BTW, I will take the clouds and rain over freezing cold and freezing rain any day of the week. Just saying...............;) The ONLY good thing about Winter is when it is over as far as I am concerned. :)

Cheers,

Phil
That's such a nice and agreeable message Mr. Phil! I agree with that EVERY bit! Just because the sun doesn't shine one day doesn't mean it won't shine again the next! Like Mr. Dan said, punctuality on your medicine can do a WHOLE bunch to your behavior, your brain has chemicals in it that react different ways to different situations. I HAVE to be punctual.
Thank you for your time,
Your friend Ryan

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, thank you for typing such a long message Mr. Dan! Yes, of course not taking one tiny pill can cause a TERRIBLE reaction if you don't keep punctual. I've seen that happen with my friend's mother one time. She has bipolarism, which can be very bad if left untreated. Same thing with my OCD and depression, they're both similar disorders with similar effects if left untreated. It's prudent to stay punctual to stay on my medicine, as you said above.
Thank you for your time,
Your friend Ryan

Thank you for your trust and your friendship

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you for your time,
Your friend Ryan

That's also something to think about that perception of one tiny pill. Think about how that one pill has many millions of molecules millions upon millions. All that interact with many millions upon millions of neurotransmitters and areas in the brain.

A single bee sting as tiny as it is can send an allergic individual into allergic shock. Just one little prick has that reaction to the entire body.

Never underestimate what any tiny act can have on the human brain and body my friend. But then again on a spiritual level one small act of kindness or courage. Can have a ripple effect that can someday have a chance to change an entire world.

Pretty cool when you think about it no?

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
That's also something to think about that perception of one tiny pill. Think about how that one pill has many millions of molecules millions upon millions. All that interact with many millions upon millions of neurotransmitters and areas in the brain.

A single bee sting as tiny as it is can send an allergic individual into allergic shock. Just one little prick has that reaction to the entire body.

Never underestimate what any tiny act can have on the human brain and body my friend. But then again on a spiritual level one small act of kindness or courage. Can have a ripple effect that can someday have a chance to change an entire world.

Pretty cool when you think about it no?
That's so cool to think of it that way!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis