New setup suggestions

T

Troops159

Audiophyte
Hello, I am on the process of finishing my basement. I am installing a projector and sound system and am looking for some suggestions..

My brainchild and how I already have it wired is for a center speaker, a left and right tower along with 2 subs.. I am also putting 4 speakers in the ceiling.

I don't know a ton about what's good vs what's overrated. I'm thinking of Klipsch speakers but not totally sure what model is a good deal. I don't want anything that's going to make me broke but I also plan on having this setup for a while so I don't want to go too cheap either.. I also like the idea of Atmos.

It will essentially be a dedicated cinema room. I plan on having a bar in the rear so we can hang out there with company and listen to music as well. It is about half of my basement so it is basically a rectangle that is about 40'x11' with the furthest back ceiling speaker about 15 feet from the rear, so the actual movie area is roughly 25'x11'. (screen is on the 11' wide wall)

I plan on having two standing tower speakers, one on each side of the screen and a center speaker under. I will then have 2 ceiling speakers slightly in front of the couch area and 2 more behind.

I already have a screen and projector. I will need to get all speakers and an AVR. I am looking to stay around or under $2k for those things.

So I am asking for opinions on speaker models that you guys have experience with.

Thanks

Quote Reply

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Klipsch has some good speakers in the form of the RP-8000F, however they do not have any good center channel speakers so I would skip that brand.

A surround sound system using towers for under 2K for a dedicated room is a tall order. JBL has a sale on a bunch of their speakers, and that is how I would swing at the moment. You will have to combine that with whatever AVR you can get ahold of. Beggers can not be choosers at the moment, so grab whatever is available that fits your budget.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
$2000 for the speakers, subs and avr or for each segment?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis